• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sakura Wars Game's Trailers Showcase Designs by Girls & Panzer's Humikane Shimada

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:35 am Reply with quote
i may be one of the odd ones...but I'm looking forward too this release far more than the FF7 remake. One of my favorite franchise that just never became that popular in the U.S. Even with more advertising i doubt that will change : (
I hope it sells well enough that they can find a way too localize the entire series over here!(wont happen, but i can hope >.>)
Psajdak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:19 am Reply with quote
Now I wonder who Yasha could be?
Mocha Shiori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:31 am Reply with quote
This is looking great
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:13 am Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
Now I wonder who Yasha could be?
It's female Char that comes from the SRW universe, obviously. Laughing
omoikane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:51 am Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
i may be one of the odd ones...but I'm looking forward too this release far more than the FF7 remake. One of my favorite franchise that just never became that popular in the U.S. Even with more advertising i doubt that will change : (
I hope it sells well enough that they can find a way too localize the entire series over here!(wont happen, but i can hope >.>)

I never understood why people want to play FF7 over and over again...but same. Just debating if I want to double dip the JP and EN versions or just wait for the EN release.
zztop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:05 am Reply with quote
So for record, the character designers involved so far are:
- Kubo Tite (Bleach)
- Horiguchi Yukiko (K-On)
- Shimada Fumikane (Strike Witches, Girls und Panzer)
- Bunbun aka Abec (Yuuki Yuna, Sword Art Online)

Wonder if there are others lined up.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:

Not gonna lie, I'm in the same boat; the more I see of the FF7 Remake the more things just seem off, like gaming is getting its version of the Star Wars Special Editions. Not exactly a project that inspires confidence.

Anyway, everything is looking pretty neat so far and the character definitely raises some eyebrows. They'll have more streams over the course of TGS so hopefully they have more surprises. Also, the first chapter of the Sakura Wars comic is up on Shueisha's website:

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156683058404
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1