• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan: Zero's Tea Time Manga Ends, But New Project Is Planned

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serinox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Below is an earlier illustration of the same five men that Arai drew to tease a "Police Academy" arc in August 2018:

No, that teaser was drawn by Gosho Aoyama. You can tell by the art style and by it literally being signed by him at the bottom right.
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:17 am Reply with quote
Serinox wrote:
Quote:
Below is an earlier illustration of the same five men that Arai drew to tease a "Police Academy" arc in August 2018:

No, that teaser was drawn by Gosho Aoyama. You can tell by the art style and by it literally being signed by him at the bottom right.

The credit for the illustration has been corrected. Thanks!
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:11 am Reply with quote
According to the latest information in the 2019-43 issue of Weekly Shonen Sunday, this article is wrong. The "Zero's Tea Time" spinoff isn't ending, it's simply being moved to a monthly serialization in Shonen Sunday S, while the Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine gets the new "Detective Conan: Wild Police Story" spinoff beginning in the 2019-44 issue. Please correct this article to make it clear that Zero's Tea Time is not ending.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 pm Reply with quote
In any case, I hope an anime adaptation takes the place of the Conan time slot for awhile. I'm sooo tired of the slog of uninspired anime originals.
The news I read elsewhere about one of the movie writers penning a 4-part story is also a decent idea.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1