• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Sazae-san TV Special Casts Kazuyuki Asano as Isasaka

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shosakukan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:07 am Reply with quote
Rafael Antonio Pineda wrote:
The official Twitter account for the 50th anniversary special of the family television anime Sazae-san revealed on Monday that Kazuyuki Asano (seen below) will play the character Ukie Isazaka in the special's live-action segment.

The Comic Natalie article says:
Quote:
アニメ「サザエさん」の放送開始50周年を記念したスペシャルドラマ「磯野家の人々~20年後のサザエさん~」にて、20年後の“伊佐坂先生”こと伊佐坂難物役を浅野和之が演じる。

Actually, the name of the novelist in question is Isasaka Nanbutsu.
Isasaka Ukie is the daughter of Isasaka Nanbutsu.
The name 'Isasaka Nanbutsu' is a piece of rudimentary knowledge for anime fans, but even when you don't know the name 'Isasaka Nanbutsu', if you were fluent in Japanese, you could judge whether the given name 'Ukie' is a female given name or a male given name. Also it is better for you to think whether the reading of the given name '難物' is 'Ukie'. The Comic Natalie article clearly says, '伊佐坂難物.'
And the family name in question is 'Isasaka'. Not 'Isazaka'.
The name 'Isasaka Nanbutsu' is wordplay, and it means 'A slightly difficult person'.
Consult a high-quality Japanese-Japanese dictionary for the words 'isasaka' and 'nanbutsu'.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1