• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Altered Carbon: Resleeved Anime Reveals Director, Spring 2020 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:57 am Reply with quote
Well, I loved the live action series so I'm sure I'll like this one too (although I kinda wish it was 2D, but, oh well... )
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:06 am Reply with quote
And to think people want to know why Netflix is not well liked by Anime viewers.
FukuchiChiisaia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:45 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
And to think people want to know why Netflix is not well liked by Anime viewers.

Well, Netflix is doing market differentiation. I believe a lot of non-anime fans are watching them casually.

The only streaming company that actually making anime for "Japanese taste" is Amazon.
Moontei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'll bite. Really enjoyed the original series and this should hopefully tide me till whenever S2 comes. Besides, Netflix pouring cash into actual original anime is always a plus over them licensing shows and holding them in jail till long after they've finished airing before dropping it.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
FukuchiChiisaia wrote:
Well, Netflix is doing market differentiation. I believe a lot of non-anime fans are watching them casually.

The only streaming company that actually making anime for "Japanese taste" is Amazon.
Amazon seem very hands off, they only license and stream Anime, they seem to have little interest in making it or aiming at it anyone in particular.
FukuchiChiisaia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:51 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Amazon seem very hands off, they only license and stream Anime, they seem to have little interest in making it or aiming at it anyone in particular.[/quote]

They do make original anime, most of them are totally Asian taste that average Western anime fans wouldn't know they exist. The prime example is the Crayon Shin-chan spin-off.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:35 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure I'm happy about this. Animation aside their little info blurb on how the show will "explore new elements of the story mythology" concerns me. I get the feeling this will get even further away from the actual novels the series was based on. I'd prefer to see more tv seasons covering the other books. This sounds like it will only be loosely tied into the core story, if that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1