Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: No Guns Life

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:20 am Reply with quote
I'd like to take a moment to express my appreciation for Juuzo's head not being a big, obvious, clashing CG thing. From the moment this was announced, I figured that's what we were getting, and it helps a lot that it isn't (honestly, I'm surprised it's Dorohedoro doing it instead).

I will gladly instead take the surreal 3D (Unreal Engine?) backgrounds that evoke "Masamune Shirow playing with the same computer he bought in 2000 for CG backdrops forever".

This really has been a great start for something going down familiar territory, and...yeah, feels like it could go either way. Hope it stays solid.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
the second episode gets at this a bit by throwing Juuzo into a desperate search for his favorite cigarette brand

What was really neat about that was that it wasn't just his "favorite" brand, but apparently the only brand with enough of the right additives to suppress the side effects of extensive extensions. Except -twist!- it actually was just his favorite and he didn't need the medicinal effects after all.

I kinda agree about the chibi takes for humor, but mostly because he looks like chibi Alphonse Elric every time.

And from the OP it appears Juuzo's not the only one with a gun for a head. This could get interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1