• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: OBSOLETE 3D CG Anime's Trailer Reveals Cast, Staff, December 3 Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantaselion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:54 pm Reply with quote
UGH THE FRAMERATE IS SO GOSH DARN LOW.

I can handle the framerate of other shows like Beastars, but man this is pushing it.
Reinheit Hezen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope it's an actual anime, not another "anime" like the ones from Netflix with latin music like theme songs ugh. If it's not made for japaneses, following its culture, don't call cartoons "animes".
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Reinheit Hezen wrote:
Let's hope it's an actual anime, not another "anime" like the ones from Netflix with latin music like theme songs ugh. If it's not made for japaneses, following its culture, don't call cartoons "animes".

You mean Seis Manos?

Last I checked Gen Urobuchi was Japanese.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:32 am Reply with quote
Hoo boy, there's Ryosuke Takahashi listed in the credits! *drools rainbows*
chronos02

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:52 am Reply with quote
I don't know who chose to name the show this way, but lol does it fit the CG they're using; absolutely dismal framerate, subpar lighting, terrible materials, and even the albedo looks terrible at times. The only salvageable part is the model work... but then again the little animations we see are kinda...

Is what Polygon Pictures makes really the best Japan has to offer?

Oh, and this is besides what the story might be like, it could be great for all we know.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:47 am Reply with quote
Reinheit Hezen wrote:

The whole staff behind this anime is Japanese. Some people really need to learn to read and count to 10 before they put their comments... just saying Rolling Eyes
Anyways, really excited about this one. Having good ol' Ryosuke Takahashi is a big plus too (no wonder the huge Gasaraki/Votoms vibes I'm getting...). Obviously I wish this was 2D but oh, well, it could be worse
Martin G.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:09 am Reply with quote
Reinheit Hezen wrote:
If it's not made for japaneses, following its culture, don't call cartoons "animes".

And why not? Isn't a Hollywood-film made for a global audience still a Hollywood-film?
TheBeron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:05 am Reply with quote
chronos02 wrote:

Is what Polygon Pictures makes really the best Japan has to offer?.

Du you know Studio Orange? Land of the Lusterous and Beastars?
That's the only good CG Anime!
Reinheit Hezen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Reinheit Hezen wrote:

The whole staff behind this anime is Japanese. Some people really need to learn to read and count to 10 before they put their comments... just saying Rolling Eyes
Anyways, really excited about this one. Having good ol' Ryosuke Takahashi is a big plus too (no wonder the huge Gasaraki/Votoms vibes I'm getting...). Obviously I wish this was 2D but oh, well, it could be worse

All the "animes" original from Netflix are made by japanese people, but it's clear that Netflix decides how to make them since they contribute with the money, or you are actually that fool to think japanese people will use J Balvin's songs for their movies like nothing? Netflix's animation is not for japanese people, but to the rest of the world. Anime is different from Donghua from China, Cartoons from USA or Webtoons from South Korea, just like manga is different from webcomics, comics, etc. What's the difference between with anime? It's made by and for japaneses, with their own cultural elements and way of thinking, extremely different. There's no point on calling something "anime" when it's not made for japaneses and was created with a foreigner giving orders to japanese people. They call it like that because it will attract more audience, but their original animations ARE NOT AT ALL.
Reinheit Hezen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Martin G. wrote:
Reinheit Hezen wrote:
If it's not made for japaneses, following its culture, don't call cartoons "animes".

And why not? Isn't a Hollywood-film made for a global audience still a Hollywood-film?

I don't know what's your point with Hollywood films being called Hollywood films everywhere, since they are made for that global reason. It will be different if movies from Bollywood are being called Hollywood films.
Anime is different from Donghua from China, Cartoons from USA or Webtoons from South Korea, just like manga is different from webcomics, comics, etc. What's the difference with anime? It's made by and for japaneses, with their own cultural elements and way of thinking, extremely different to any other foreigner format. There's no point on calling something "anime" when it's not made for japaneses and was created with a foreigner giving orders to japanese people. They call it like that because it will attract more audience, but their original animations ARE NOT animes AT ALL. Same with some Latin American animation being called "animes" just because it's animation, it's like saying SpongeBob is an anime.
Reinheit Hezen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Reinheit Hezen wrote:

You mean Seis Manos?

Last I checked Gen Urobuchi was Japanese.

Seis manos was written and made completely by americans, not an anime at all Confused
I was talking about Human Lost, they used an old japanese novel and made several changes. The worst of all is that it was made by japanese people, but highly influenced by Netflix to the point that the story didn't look like an anime-type at all. Similar with Death Note Live Action, but less worst of course.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Reinheit Hezen wrote:
donhumberto wrote:
Reinheit Hezen wrote:

All the "animes" original from Netflix are made by japanese people, but it's clear that Netflix decides how to make them since they contribute with the money, or you are actually that fool to think japanese people will use J Balvin's songs for their movies like nothing? Netflix's animation is not for japanese people, but to the rest of the world. Anime is different from Donghua from China, Cartoons from USA or Webtoons from South Korea, just like manga is different from webcomics, comics, etc. What's the difference between with anime? It's made by and for japaneses, with their own cultural elements and way of thinking, extremely different. There's no point on calling something "anime" when it's not made for japaneses and was created with a foreigner giving orders to japanese people. They call it like that because it will attract more audience, but their original animations ARE NOT AT ALL.

You see, this is the kind of backward, close-minded and RACIST way of thinking that's little by little ruining the whole anime industry and making it a haven for closed-minded otaku who won't accept anything that's slighlty "tainted" by Western hands. Don't worry dude, Japan will keep on churning out trashy isekai/moe LN adaptations like there's no tomorrow... (all 100% made in Japan and for the Japanese, if that's the way you like it).... but, believe it or not, some of us are more than grateful to have some sort of "international appeal" (so to speak) in our anime if that's what it takes to have a good, compelling story told in anime form. So yeah, if it's necessary to have Netflix/Amazon/Youtube involved so be it. I for one couldn't be happier about it.[/i]
Reinheit Hezen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:48 pm Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Reinheit Hezen wrote:
donhumberto wrote:
Reinheit Hezen wrote:

You see, this is the kind of backward, close-minded and RACIST way of thinking that's little by little ruining the whole anime industry and making it a haven for closed-minded otaku who won't accept anything that's slighlty "tainted" by Western hands. Don't worry dude, Japan will keep on churning out trashy isekai/moe LN adaptations like there's no tomorrow... (all 100% made in Japan and for the Japanese, if that's the way you like it).... but, believe it or not, some of us are more than grateful to have some sort of "international appeal" (so to speak) in our anime if that's what it takes to have a good, compelling story told in anime form. So yeah, if it's necessary to have Netflix/Amazon/Youtube involved so be it. I for one couldn't be happier about it.[/i]

Great answer, calling my statement "racist" just because i don't want the anime to stop being anime. I haven't even said I dislike all animations from other countries, so stop using terms without sense. Western animation can be whatever it wants, better or worst than anime, but don't call it like something it's not at all. Do you know the animes made with the support and money from Crunchyroll like Tate no Yuusha? That's a good example of making anime without killing it's essence and culture, leaving the japaneses doing what they know, like they know, just contributing with money.
Are you the type of person that calls SpongeBob an "anime" or something?
chronos02

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
TheBeron wrote:
chronos02 wrote:

Is what Polygon Pictures makes really the best Japan has to offer?.

Du you know Studio Orange? Land of the Lusterous and Beastars?
That's the only good CG Anime!

Oh I do, I do know it, but that's just ONE show, it's like a unicorn or a tsuchinoko, you can't extrapolate their one job to the rest of the Japanese anime CG industry...
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 pm Reply with quote
chronos02 wrote:
I don't know who chose to name the show this way, but lol does it fit the CG they're using; absolutely dismal framerate, subpar lighting, terrible materials, and even the albedo looks terrible at times. The only salvageable part is the model work... but then again the little animations we see are kinda...

Is what Polygon Pictures makes really the best Japan has to offer?

Polygon Pictures is one of the best CGI production studios in Japan and the second season of Knights of Sidonia was good for a TV show. The big issue is that CGI depends a lot on budget and given the limits of a TV anime budget trying to make a show with realistic looking humans is going to look bad when compared to Hollywood movies. I don't know if this YouTube Original show will be any good but there is a reason that most CGI production studios don't go for realistic looking humans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2