Forum - View topic
Mamoru Oshii's Vladlove Anime Series Reveals More Staff Members




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zoe99



Joined: 24 Dec 2019
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:15 am Reply with quote
So lesbians? Yesss!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nyren



Joined: 07 Oct 2014
Posts: 639
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:53 am Reply with quote
Oshii's first new anime in how long and it's... this... this is not at all what I would expect from him and does not strike my interest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3659
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:57 am Reply with quote
So this echoes his earlier works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Never_Know_Best



Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Oshii's first new anime in how long and it's... this... this is not at all what I would expect from him and does not strike my interest.


He’s got more coming, don’t worry:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-08/ghost-in-the-shell-mamoru-oshii-animates-film-project-of-baku-yumemakura-chimera-novels/.128706
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Nyren



Joined: 07 Oct 2014
Posts: 639
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:18 am Reply with quote
Never_Know_Best wrote:
Nyren wrote:
Oshii's first new anime in how long and it's... this... this is not at all what I would expect from him and does not strike my interest.


He’s got more coming, don’t worry:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-08/ghost-in-the-shell-mamoru-oshii-animates-film-project-of-baku-yumemakura-chimera-novels/.128706
Hadn't heard of this, but this struck my curiosity. Hopefully it's not CG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wrangler



Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Posts: 1260
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Yuri series, that has slap stick in it? There plenty of those.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
manapear



Joined: 02 May 2014
Posts: 1406
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm worried but excited. Most of his previous projects are good when it comes to female characters (Patlabor will always be my baby, and I love everyone's involvement there), and it could be fun to have a Lum-like character in a wlw. But I hope this doesn't get weird or like, bad kinda trash. I'm gonna go in optimistic and excited~.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. sickVisionz



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 2054
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:39 am Reply with quote
This sounds amazing. Its like an all star team of seinen sci-fi anime pros...

Quote:
The new anime will be a slapstick comedy...


And with that, I'm out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Seiya0890



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 111
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:51 pm Reply with quote
So another all female cast for otakus who want waifus materials huh... Lame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#HayamiLover



Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 625
Location: Eastern Europe
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Not a word about romance in the post ... in the discussion people already talk about yuri as an established fact, lol. Classic. However, a separate emphasis on the absence of ikemens and girl meets girl clearly suggests that this will be a pretty fanservice-ish show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrono1000



Joined: 05 Oct 2013
Posts: 1391
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:40 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
Not a word about romance in the post ... in the discussion people already talk about yuri as an established fact, lol.

Since Vladlove has the word love as part of the title I think most people are expecting it to be yuri and the director did compare the vampire character to Lum from Urusei Yatsura. While those could be red herrings the combination of romance and vampires is fairly common in anime. It might not go beyond hand holding but my guess is that Vladlove will have some romance to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#HayamiLover



Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 625
Location: Eastern Europe
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:20 am Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
#HayamiLover wrote:
Not a word about romance in the post ... in the discussion people already talk about yuri as an established fact, lol.

Since Vladlove has the word love as part of the title I think most people are expecting it to be yuri and the director did compare the vampire character to Lum from Urusei Yatsura. While those could be red herrings the combination of romance and vampires is fairly common in anime. It might not go beyond hand holding but my guess is that Vladlove will have some romance to it.


You are right, that makes sense. Therefore, it seems ironic to me not so much an expectation as an assertion that the romance in this show is already an "established" fact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group