• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Creator Kubo Tite's New Work to Be Unveiled at AnimeJapan 2020

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:20 am Reply with quote
gimme my final arc anime please
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:44 am Reply with quote
I hope his new work is monthly, to factor in his health(plus when you consider his Togashi-like tenacity to do things himself, I don't see a Samurai 8 situation, nor do I think people really want that). Also, I'm a nerd, so I hope they get the actual date of the anniversary, August 6, right. A year and a half head start sounds good.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:47 am Reply with quote
I really really hope we get a final anime announcement for Bleach out of this event.

Be it a reboot, or just an adaptation for the final arc, both are great.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Definitely don't wanna get my hopes up on an anime continuation just yet, just happy to see the franchise is far from dead
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The event will also feature stage presentations for several franchises that do not currently have upcoming anime projects announced, including Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Theater and Is the order a rabbit??

Quick correction here, But "Is the order a rabbit?" season 3 is airing this year:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-16/is-the-order-a-rabbit-anime-gets-new-ova-in-2019-3rd-season-in-2020/.136864
SenseRabit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy and hyped but fingers cross for the final arc.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
I hope his new work is monthly, to factor in his health(plus when you consider his Togashi-like tenacity to do things himself, I don't see a Samurai 8 situation, nor do I think people really want that). Also, I'm a nerd, so I hope they get the actual date of the anniversary, August 6, right. A year and a half head start sounds good.

I hope he has adequately reflected on the disaster that was Bleach’s final years. Because he stubbornly refused to wrap up on a high note, like Naruto did and One Piece will, he became drag on the success of the magazine. He needs too check his ego and maybe get some help with story composition.

SailorNaruto wrote:
Definitely don't wanna get my hopes up on an anime continuation just yet, just happy to see the franchise is far from dead

Why would it happen? The last years of Bleach are truly some of the worst I’ve seen in a Jump series. It won’t sell manga because the quality of the story it would cover declined precipitously resulting in a rushed ending when WSJ editors finally said enough was enough. That’s really the only reason to give it a final season. You can’t polish a turd.

Last edited by dragon695 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:51 pm Reply with quote
A special event coming up in March that is pretty much hinting that the major announcement would be that the Bleach anime is finally coming back after a long 8 year hiatus? To bring in Ichigo and Byakuya's voice actors for this event to also celebrate Bleach's 20th anniversary is definitely not a coincidence!

Regardless of how one feels about how Bleach had went, to see the Bleach anime finally get the closure it deserves is a long time coming and it's not common for any long running shonen series to be brought back after a long hiatus and give it the ending it deserves so of course this is a very big deal among fans.

Well, if the upcoming announcement in March is exactly what everyone thinks it is, I guess Bleach can join alongside Inuyasha in that rare club of sequels coming back to give closure to the original series after a long hiatus.
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:43 pm Reply with quote
They’re giving me hope again lol, but I would welcome an anime revival, but it’s more likely a manga project, but hey if it’s Burn the witch becoming a full series I would read, Burn the witch was cool.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I expect everything but the anime adaptation of the final arc to be announced.
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:55 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Naruto....ending on a high note

https://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:55 pm Reply with quote
It could just as likely be a sequel to the live action movie as an anime revival.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:06 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if the Bleach anime could get an ending though it is hard to imagine them fully adapting the rest of the manga. If they do continue the Bleach anime it would probably be an abridged adaptation and even that might be optimistic since the main purpose of the Bleach anime was to promote the manga. The last arc of the Bleach manga spoiler[would need at least 50 episodes to be fully adapted and it would still have several forgotten plot threads such as what happened with Tier Harribel.]
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:21 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
I hope he has adequately reflected on the disaster that was Bleach’s final years. Because he stubbornly refused to wrap up on a high note, like Naruto did and One Piece will, he became drag on the success of the magazine. He needs too check his ego and maybe get some help with story composition.

You're wrong. He didn't refuse to wrap up on a high note; he wanted more time to finish the last arc in a climactic way (whatever that meant for Kubo), but WSJ editors told that he had to wrap it up in only 5 chapters, and the rest is history. Even if Bleach had its storytelling problems throughout its run, that horrible ending wasn't entirely Kubo's fault.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Don't get your hopes up for a new anime. The manga wasn't doing hot by the end and the finale left a a sour taste in people's mouth (though not all of it was justified). Heck, to even do a proper new anime they'd have to rewrite large swaths of the original manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3