• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sound Cadence Studios Announced as Dub Studio for Island of Giant Insects Anime Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:08 am Reply with quote
this is such a waste of money for something so awful as this anime. Why are they doing this?
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:49 am Reply with quote
To go full B-movie on it and increase its enjoyability as a piece of trash, obviously. Rolling Eyes
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:40 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
this is such a waste of money for something so awful as this anime. Why are they doing this?

Because it's fun Laughing
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 am Reply with quote
DavetheUsher wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

it's not a fun anime. It's not even funny.

And wasting big money like this is no joke either. $78,641! That could be going into human resources or funding something worthwhile like bringing good licenses over or doing something like helping KyoAni.

I just hate this situation so much.
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:52 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
DavetheUsher wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

it's not a fun anime. It's not even funny.

And wasting big money like this is no joke either. $78,641! That could be going into human resources or funding something worthwhile like bringing good licenses over or doing something like helping KyoAni.

I just hate this situation so much.

What situation? They wanted to do a dub people wanted to support that and they did I don’t get what your problem is. Also not make it seem like KyoAni isn’t important but they got a lot of support through the crowdfunding after the incident they raised a lot of money so yea. Also people can spend there money how they want you didn’t work for it or earn it so you don’t get to decide what people waste money on.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 am Reply with quote
The campaign is almost halfway done and they only have 1/4 of the goal so far. I don’t think it is going to happen.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:19 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
The campaign is almost halfway done and they only have 1/4 of the goal so far. I don’t think it is going to happen.

Neither was that under the dog kickstarter.

From my understanding alot of kickstarters have alot of money thrown at then at the last minute rather frequently. (Not saying it will or wont happen here)
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:29 am Reply with quote
Only gotta for 80 dollars to get in a high enough tier to get a physical release!

Pass
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:33 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
It seems you are assuming any funds collected will not be returned should the campaign not reach it's goal. I think this is an "all or nothing" campaign though, but if it isn't then "backers" will have given money to the campaigners and get nothing. Not sure how much a waste it would be in that case as the "team" are anime professionals, so you could think of that as supporting anime these guys are involved in. , All I'll say is "let the backer beware" and, like other posters said, it's their money and they can "waste" it if they want...
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:38 pm Reply with quote
One hell of a waste of time,resources and money on such a sub par film that's for sure. It seems like fans will toss money at anything now days.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:
It seems you are assuming any funds collected will not be returned should the campaign not reach it's goal. I think this is an "all or nothing" campaign though, but if it isn't then "backers" will have given money to the campaigners and get nothing. Not sure how much a waste it would be in that case as the "team" are anime professionals, so you could think of that as supporting anime these guys are involved in. , All I'll say is "let the backer beware" and, like other posters said, it's their money and they can "waste" it if they want...

Yes its all or nothing.. also when you back something on Kickstarter... you are not charged as soon as you submit a pledge... you will only be charged at the end of the campaign and ONLY if it reaches the goal... if it fails to reach the goal... noone will be charged.

Also ti Cookiemanstah.... you do know no money is going to waste because it is ceowd funded.. not business funded.. i really think you are trying to shame the backers that have pledge to support the campaign..

As for me... i don't care if this anime is bad... but i am very very fascinated with the direction they went and also willing to make new characters of the Tier 6 backers and i would love to see a anime version of myself so i backed it.

VanGosroth wrote:
Only gotta for 80 dollars to get in a high enough tier to get a physical release!

Pass

They already explained the reason it is so expensive... its mainly because the discs and everything are being made in Japan in which the market for them in Japan is less bought unlike in the US... so prices for Blue Ray movies are more expensive in Japan unlike in the US...
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
One hell of a waste of time,resources and money on such a sub par film that's for sure. It seems like fans will toss money at anything now days.

It be more of a waste of time if it fails.. noone gets charged unless the campaign is a sucess at the end of the campaign.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:04 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Sevokevo Royuki"]
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:

i really think you are trying to shame the backers that have pledge to support the campaign..

kind of? I'm glad to hear it will (if I got it right) refund you if it fails to go through, but c'mon. People throwing out money like this is throwing money to Tommy Wiseau.

There's just so much else that could be done productively within the same interests is what I'm saying.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:12 pm Reply with quote
[quote="cookiemanstah"]
Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:

i really think you are trying to shame the backers that have pledge to support the campaign..

kind of? I'm glad to hear it will (if I got it right) refund you if it fails to go through, but c'mon. People throwing out money like this is throwing money to Tommy Wiseau.

There's just so much else that could be done productively within the same interests is what I'm saying.

You miss what i said... YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNLESS THE CAMPAIGN IS SUCCESSFUL... Meaning i have backed the campaign with a pledge but have not been charged yet... and won't be charged unless the campaign is successful fully funded.

But seriously let people spend their money on what they want.. stop being a dictator and telling people on where they should spend their money on. Or shaming them for that matter..
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for setting me and the record straight! On the positive side, I would encourage everyone to support amine sales and crowdfunding campaigns as much as possible. One man's "crap" is another's "art" and crowdfunding will allow more freedom of artistic expression and hopefully combat the production of "corporate committee" pablum so many complain about....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2