• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl Film This Weekend

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Welp. Definitely have to get on that. Good on you, Funi.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Are they streaming it for free, or do you have to be part of their paid service?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:11 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Are they streaming it for free, or do you have to be part of their paid service?

I would assume you have to be apart of the service at the very least if you dont want ads.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Yes, this made my day. Cool
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:31 am Reply with quote
Now have plans for the weekend. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:39 am Reply with quote
And still no dub...
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:49 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
And still no dub...

The TV series was released on BR in the States without a dub, so why would you expect different for the movie?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:51 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

It’s a movie, and an Aniplex one at that. They’re not gonna stream it for free. And even if they did, usually episodes take a week before they can stream for free with ads, but this will only be available for 4 days. Thankfully Funimation is even cheaper than Crunchyroll these days at only $6 a month ($60 a year), and I’d say it would be worth the $6 just for this movie alone, since likely after this it will be bluray exclusive which costs $40. The Heaven’s Feel movies have never been legally streamed in the US, for instance.
Ampharos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:31 pm Reply with quote
One of the downsides of being an essential worker is I don't have time to get around to finally watching this series in full before this weekend. Sigh. Really cool for everyone who wants to watch this without dropping $40 for the blu-ray though.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:47 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

It’s a movie, and an Aniplex one at that. They’re not gonna stream it for free. And even if they did, usually episodes take a week before they can stream for free with ads, but this will only be available for 4 days. Thankfully Funimation is even cheaper than Crunchyroll these days at only $6 a month ($60 a year), and I’d say it would be worth the $6 just for this movie alone, since likely after this it will be bluray exclusive which costs $40. The Heaven’s Feel movies have never been legally streamed in the US, for instance.

Already have Netflix and Amazon, not going to subscribe to more paid services. With most premium movie channels free on cable due to COVID there is more than enough to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1