• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Railgun T Anime Delays Episode 16 to July 24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:05 pm Reply with quote
So effectively a split-cour, pretty much. This works - they just wanted to finish the Daihaseisai Arc before taking on a long delay like this, so they had to keep taking small ones. Here's to hoping everything will work out okay on the next arc's production.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I should have known it wasn't fully resuming after all of the breaks so far, but with Japan moving towards reopening, I just had to keep my hopes up. I'm glad they finished the current arc, and completely understand why they are delaying the second one, but it doesn't make the news any less sad, as I've been looking forward to every new episode. Oh well. At least this solves the mystery of how they are going to avoid ugly scheduling conflicts; if it has kept going forward normally, things definitely would have gotten screwy come July.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:42 pm Reply with quote
At this point I will be willing to wait until October if it means 10-12 episodes with no delays.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Not what I'd count as a "split cour" considering they aired more than a full cour already. But wow...longest break yet? Makes sense though given what's coming in the new arc. Fantastic spot to take a break at tho. 15 made my eyes water a lot
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Darn, another delay, I am willing to wait. This arc was so good it brought me to tears multiple times.
OH&S

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm fine with this. Just glad they persevered and got through the Daihaseisai Arc before taking a long break.
Key

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:19 pm Reply with quote
CrypticPurpose wrote:
I should have known it wasn't fully resuming after all of the breaks so far, but with Japan moving towards reopening, I just had to keep my hopes up.

That wouldn't make an immediate difference, most likely. Some of this delay is, I'm sure, weeks of being behind finally catching up to the series, so it will take weeks - or two full months, I guess - to get back on track.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:18 pm Reply with quote
OH&S wrote:
I'm fine with this. Just glad they persevered and got through the Daihaseisai Arc before taking a long break.

I wish they had taken the break earlier to avoid using so much of episode 13 on recaps. The quality on everything else was great, but that one episode will be eternally marred by the giant recap which I will have to fast forward through.

Key wrote:
That wouldn't make an immediate difference, most likely. Some of this delay is, I'm sure, weeks of being behind finally catching up to the series, so it will take weeks - or two full months, I guess - to get back on track.

Maybe they're trying to get things back into standard seasonal slots. They would have had to start a Fall series early or fill in time slots with whatever after Railgun T ended. Now they can buy time and throw something into the time slot which kind of makes sense for what a viewer tuning in at that time would expect.
Key

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:50 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Maybe they're trying to get things back into standard seasonal slots. They would have had to start a Fall series early or fill in time slots with whatever after Railgun T ended. Now they can buy time and throw something into the time slot which kind of makes sense for what a viewer tuning in at that time would expect.

Yeah, trying to get it on a seasonal schedule sounds about right. Episode 16 would be debuting on the 24th anyway if they had just delayed the whole second half until the Summer season.

And they've already announced that episode 15 is going to re-air on the 17th, while the 10th will be a fan-choice episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1