Forum - View topic
NEWS: Future Card Buddyfight Card Game Ends Product Releases




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JeffreySweeney



Joined: 06 Jan 2018
Posts: 114
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Is this card game ending due to COVID-19 or is there another reason it's ending?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Яeverse



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 1057
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:02 pm Reply with quote
JeffreySweeney wrote:
Is this card game ending due to COVID-19 or is there another reason it's ending?

Decline in sales for this franchise. Could never really reach CFVanguard levels. The anime was very beloved though and did last long.

Bushiroad does have another series they are on the cusp of announcing so, just like their other failed series another rises to take its place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OtakunX



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 67
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:28 pm Reply with quote
JeffreySweeney wrote:
Is this card game ending due to COVID-19 or is there another reason it's ending?


Surprised it lasted as long as it did. The game was just way too fast especially for westerners who prefer slower games like MTG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 3433
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:18 am Reply with quote
I never played the card game but I enjoyed the anime so it's sad the franchise didn't do better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OjaruFan2



Joined: 09 Jul 2018
Posts: 489
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:18 pm Reply with quote
OtakunX wrote:
The game was just way too fast especially for westerners who prefer slower games like MTG.

I assumed it was the other way around.

Why do Westerners prefer slower card games?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gustave154



Joined: 14 Nov 2013
Posts: 89
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:27 am Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
OtakunX wrote:
The game was just way too fast especially for westerners who prefer slower games like MTG.

I assumed it was the other way around.

Why do Westerners prefer slower card games?


Westerner likr more strategy and tactics involved in slower games. If games are very fast rush decks tend to dominate the meta making it even faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OjaruFan2



Joined: 09 Jul 2018
Posts: 489
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:01 pm Reply with quote
gustave154 wrote:
If games are very fast rush decks tend to dominate the meta making it even faster.

I don't understand what you mean.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group