• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: A Certain Magical Index Author Kazuma Kamachi Publishes His 100th Novel Through Dengeki Bu

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Pretty amazing achievement. I like the anime adaptions of his works, though S3 was horrible and as i understand butcherd a lot of content... perhaps i should start collecting all the LNs.
Ampharos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:11 pm Reply with quote
And here I am trying to finish writing ONE novel.

Massive props to him on such a milestone.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to Kamachi on his 100th novel. Only right that it be the GOAT, Index. With that said....

Sono Gensou wo... Buchi Korosu!
LCD_Screen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, does anyone understand what the 'infamous' comment is referring to? In the context of this article, I'm scratching my head and wondering if I'm missing a reference or something.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:22 pm Reply with quote
LCD_Screen wrote:
Out of curiosity, does anyone understand what the 'infamous' comment is referring to? In the context of this article, I'm scratching my head and wondering if I'm missing a reference or something.

Kamachi is famous for writing much faster and putting out more books than other authors, so he kind of has a reputation for it.
micah007

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations to him! His energy and productivity have always amazed me from when I first learned about him. I hope he never changes too much.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:47 pm Reply with quote
That really is impressive. I'd have trouble just filling in that many pages with Lorem Ipsum, let alone actual meaningful, sellable content.
OH&S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:01 pm Reply with quote
The more crazier fact is that this is only the material released under the Dengeki Bunko label. There are more when taking into account other labels and the stuff on his Dengeki Bunko author website.

And the even crazier fact is that all of them have been fan translated bar the most recent one ,GT2, and one of the other one from another label.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Still has a ways to go to catch up to Kaoru Kurimoto, the author of Guin Saga, but at the rate he's going it should only take a few mow years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:01 am Reply with quote
Wow, Kamachi is a really busy guy.

I can only hope that it doesn't come to the point where he gets himself overworked.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:03 am Reply with quote
O.K., I only really follow the ToAru franchise through the anime! However, congrats for such a milestone! The mortal enemy of writer's block are people like him.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:29 am Reply with quote
OH&S wrote:
And the even crazier fact is that all of them have been fan translated bar the most recent one ,GT2, and one of the other one from another label.
Well, to fight the beast, you need even bigger beast... especially when you got the literal god of LN fan translation who's dealing with two complete madmen of Dengeki when it comes to the writing: Kamachi and Kawakami.
Kazzy Buns

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I can't imagine how much it would take to keep going for 100 volumes! I've been writing a light novel myself (for the fun of it) and only just finishing up the 4th volume. 100 seems like pure dedication to everything about his created world(s).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1