• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Anime Streams in Canada on Crave in September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:04 pm Reply with quote
FWIW, I have independently verified that it's the Viz dub (and only the dub) with Crave, but this will be confirmed soon enough. Hopefully it will lead to more Viz content on Crave, not to mention more anime in general!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:35 am Reply with quote
That only took Canada about six years to get the Viz dub streaming but as a US fan I'm happy for my fellow Canadian Moonies can stream it easier now.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they're getting the Viz dub, so that one guy on Twitter can stop pretending like it ceases to exist in Canada.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:55 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
I'm glad they're getting the Viz dub, so that one guy on Twitter can stop pretending like it ceases to exist in Canada.

If it is who I think you're referring to it's pretty strange for someone championing for Sailor Moon in Canada, reading those tweets is straight up crazy.
Though the funny prize goes to that retweeted Alex Moore guy for his tweets on piracy, at least he got some sensible pushback from others on his own thread...
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't know who the guy on Twitter is but I presume he was only talking about streaming because they had the Viz boxsets of Sailor Moon on the DVD/Blu-Ray racks at freaking Walmart Canada stores so it's not like it was hard to come by.

I say "was" because I haven't seen them lately but it's been a couple of years since they came out and Walmart tends to prioritize newer releases on the racks.

----

I wouldn't say that I have zero interest in Crave, especially if they do end up getting more anime, but whatever they have is moot since I really can't afford streaming right now.

And, before anyone asks, "You can't afford streaming but you can afford physical media?", an advantage of physical media is that I pay just one time and it doesn't keep on deducting money from my bank account at the end of each month and the total amount of money I spend on anime on physical media per year is less than subscribing to just one streaming service for 12 months.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
plskillme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:57 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:

He was the first person I thought of when I saw this news. He has been talking about the VIZ dub "not existing" in Canada for years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1