• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hollywood Monster Hunter Film Reveals New Teaser Video in NYCC Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gray.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:16 am Reply with quote
It's GATE but with Monster Hunter characters.
Are they going to kill a dragon (in this case Rathalos) with Rocket Lauchers too? Lol
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I kinda like Gray.'s little comment on this movie. "It's 'GATE' but with 'Monster Hunter' characters." It sounds kinda goofy but also seems like a lot of fun to watch. I hope it comes out soon. I'd really like that.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:59 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I kinda like Gray.'s little comment on this movie. "It's 'GATE' but with 'Monster Hunter' characters." It sounds kinda goofy but also seems like a lot of fun to watch. I hope it comes out soon. I'd really like that.

Ew, no. I'd rather they make it as different from that dumpster fire GATE as much as possible. Unless you want them to chock it full of xenophobia, deplorable right wing nationalism, and other despicable elements that piece of shit isekai was known for.
ChimeyChime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:

Same, to be honest. GATE was goofy fun. I'd be down if they went that route. I couldn't take the trailer seriously, for one thing, and I keep expecting this movie to be a dumpster fire anyway, so it'd be fun if it didn't take itself too seriously.
Jalil49

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:25 am Reply with quote
are they planning on having people go to the movies at this point in time? granted it might only be in Non-US areas
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:13 am Reply with quote
Well,JonDoe. I've never really seen "GATE,"so I don't know what to tell you. I can only go by what I've heard about it so I have no opinion on it one way or the other. As for you,ChimeyChime,I also hope that they don't have a film that takes itself too seriously. Just a fun,silly romp with this will do fine. No more,no less. This looks like a film I'd pretty much would enjoy if I had the chance to see it. I hope it comes out soon. It looks like it'd be a fun film to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1