• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Taishi Tsutsui Finishes Storyboard for Final Chapter of We Never Learn Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I guess he's finishing the Kirisu route. The alternate routes have been done pretty well, save for the Rizu route, of which I'm not even complaining too much, since it had a lot of Best Girl Sawako in it. Wink
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:24 am Reply with quote
its amazing how people gave him so much flack for doing multiple endings yet each arc they fell more in love with the story as a whole.

looks like we cant study > 5 brides in the end.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:19 am Reply with quote
ShanaChanTT wrote:

That doesn't seem to be the case going by MAL or Anilist. Or even something as vague as reddit upvote counts. The Quints also smoke We Never Learn in terms of commercial success. Its 2020 sales were only outdone by Demon Slayer and One Piece.

As for the alternate ending approach, I think ardent critics of it simply either dropped the manga after finishing Uruka's route or until their best girl's route concluded. Most other readers who are still around are diehard fans or completionists. Even among the former, negative feedback is hardly unheard of.

Reception to the routes has been really uneven for the most part with Uruka and Rizu's routes often being panned while Fumino and Asumi's routes receive a lot of praise. Mafuyu's route is getting a seemingly lukewarm reception so far despite her popularity.
L0ken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:29 am Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
ShanaChanTT wrote:

Reception to the routes has been really uneven for the most part with Uruka and Rizu's routes often being panned while Fumino and Asumi's routes receive a lot of praise. Mafuyu's route is getting a seemingly lukewarm reception so far despite her popularity.

I saw the most disappointment with Fumino route even from her fans as the most boring and uneventful, it's Asumi route reception was surprisingly good especially because not many expected it to be decent.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:36 am Reply with quote
^ I saw a little of that too, but it seemed to me like Fumino fans liked it more often than not. At least in an anecdotal sense since there are no reliable numbers to quantify her route's popularity.

From what I've seen, most of the hate tends to go to Rizu's route.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:05 am Reply with quote
In terms of my ranking of favorite girls it goes:

1. Mafayu Sensei
2. Fumino
3. Asumi Senapi
4. Uruka
5. Rizu

Now after reading these routes so far my ranking of the routes are:

1. Asumi Senpai
2. Uruka
3 (tie). Fumino
3 (tie). Mafayu Sensei
5. Rizu

Rizu is the most boring girl and her route is garbage since it isn't even about her. It's like the author did not know what to do about her. Mafayu is best girl but her route so far is a bit bland which is a shame since she has the most interesting backstory. Fumino's route lacks a lot of punch in my opinion. I don't particularly like the "what if she feel down the stair instead of MC" route for her as well and it removes the timeskip element which is present in all the other routes. Uruka's route is fine as it has the necessary drama and is very climatic and if that was the ending with none of this parallel arc, I would still be okay with it. Asumi had the most surprising and engrossing route because it actually adds more to the story.
GhostOfShowsPast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:53 am Reply with quote
I'm liking the endings none have been great but been satisfied by them but do wish there was a harem end and even though Rizu is my 3rd favourite girl I wish he made it a Rizu and Sawako end as it was basically that.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I personally like this series much more than the Quintessential Quintuplets despite the travesty that is Season 2 (Why did they have to half-ass the ending? Mad). I found the girls to be a lot more endearing & Rizu showed the most development out of them all. Her change is very transparent & alrdy done even before her route which is why much of it was focused more on Sawako who is undoubtly the best side character. In comparison, aside from the MC & the quintuplets, I found the other characters to very unmemorable like they were just there to fill their typical roles & it wasn't even done well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1