• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Former Gainax Representative Director Tomohiro Maki Sentenced to 2.5 Years in Prison

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alessa_SH1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:11 pm Reply with quote
{Post removed}
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Honeyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I've enjoyed some of the company's previous output but good on Anno for distancing himself from what the company became and establishing his own studio. It sounds like back in the late 00s when he left it was becoming a twisted and distorted version of its former self.

This story rewards like something Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey or Jimmy Saville would do. 2.5 years is too light as the offender won't feel the weight of the crime committed. Its skewed but at least the victim will understand that justice can be done and powerful people such as Maki are accountable.
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:29 pm Reply with quote
No one wants to see someone's private parts and from their superiors none the less.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Alright, some clean up has been done. Look everyone let's just cut it with the edgelord internet rage posts please. Excusing this guy's behavior or demanding he get 25 to life are both equally pointless and trollish. Let's cut it with the extremes please.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1