• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Hetalia World Stars Anime's Teaser Unveils 3 Cast Members, More Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly251

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:36 pm Reply with quote
joyous news!

This series never fails to make me laugh.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Great news! Watched it live during the online event.

They still have not revealed how many cours will the Spring anime be. However, by having the Czech Republic and Slovakia, it basically confirms that the they will be adapting quite a bit of the manga because her appearance was in July of 2015. World Stars originally started to serialize in September 2014. Of course they can jump around and skip stuff, but I was getting kind of concerned because they could just adapt for 13 episodes to test the popularity and adapt more in the future. It looks like it may be at least 2-cours.

The cast for Hetalia is always really big, so hope to see many VAs to return in the upcoming announcements.

I personally met Morohoshi Sumire last year at Sakuracon. She is a surprising choice, but definitely right on. Very excited for her performance.

The big surprise was the Musical. It looks like the Final in 2018 was only Final for the previous IP holders. It must have been a commercial success for the new Production Committee to commit to another musical.

We are about two weeks away from the first issue on January 4th. I am very excited to see how the serialization will be. If it going to be twice weekly again. It will not be sustainable in the long run and probably produce health issues for Hima, but let's wait and see first.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Being Czech this is cool, and I'm okay with the personalities of Czech and Slovakia but their relationship makes no sense . They should be siblings but I think in the Manga they are depicted just as friends , which is especially weird considering some other countries are depicted as siblings when realistically they have much more distant relations.

I'd also like to see either czechoslovakia, or Bohemia and Moravia also make an appearance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1