• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Clover Anime Gets Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:11 am Reply with quote
I figured it was either going to be a movie or announcing a proper second season.

Now the question is what the movie will be about.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:01 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I figured it was either going to be a movie or announcing a proper second season.

Now the question is what the movie will be about.

Just guessing, but probably an original story to buy some time for the manga to get ahead again. Then, in a year or so, they'll announce a sequel series to continue where they left off.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I called it. I said that it would be a movie. I also said that it would be anime original. I just need that to be confirmed and I maintain my perfect batting avg.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the movie is just an original story (or based on something besides the manga if there is such content). I don't think continuing the current arc would work well as a movie
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I imagine that, even if it's an original story, Tabata will likely be involved in constructing it.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I hope it's a canon spin off-ish story or a prequel that could explain or enrich some character development. Jujutsu prequel movie decision is excellent, since it says that the movie could be seen as a stand alone, but also contributes to the characterization of a certain protagonist.

On the other hand, if it is just "a mini arc" out to some island, with forgettable characters and forgettable enemies, and gives nothing at all to the main storyline, aka nothing significant like most of the Naruto movies, I'd personally just lose any interest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1