• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: RetroCrush Adds A.D. Police, Gravitation, Karate Master Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:57 am Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of the early 90s AD Police Files OVA, but I haven't seen the AD Police TV series. Is it worth watching? I hear it's not great, but I'm willing to give it a shot if it's anything like the OVA.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:12 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I'm a huge fan of the early 90s AD Police Files OVA, but I haven't seen the AD Police TV series. Is it worth watching? I hear it's not great, but I'm willing to give it a shot if it's anything like the OVA.
I was just about to say that I thought AD Police Files wa already on there but it's the TV series they are adding.

Kinda slim pickings this month for RetroCrush. Guess it's back to the City Hunter grind for me.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:20 pm Reply with quote
the early 00's reboot of AD Police is probably ranks as one of the worst series I have ever seen. ADVs dub doesn't help it, and the art style and character design are pretty atrocious. At least its free though right?
TexZero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:26 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

I watched it back in the 00's after finding it a blockbuster video.
It wasn't amazing but given what was available anime wise there it wasn't bad either.

I'd say it's probably the worst part of the larger Bubblegum Crisis universe but it's enjoyable for what it is.
tsog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Nice, I've been using TubiTV and RetroCrush a lot lately over CR and Funi (good to take a break from more recent stuff every now and then).

I just wish RetroCrush has a better website. It seems I can only have 12 or so shows to my queue; if I add any more it kicks previously added ones out.
Black_Kenshi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:15 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

I haven't seen the OVA version, so I can't make any useful commodious between the two.

For the TV series though, it's about as generic of a 90s buddy cop sites as you can get. I don't really remember much of the plot because nothing really stood out to me. If you're a huge fan of the OVA and just interested in seeing the TV series yourself, it can't hurt to screen an episode or two to get your opinion on it. But I wouldn't consider it a "must watch" by any means (unless I hated you for some reason).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1