• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ascendance of a Bookworm Anime Season 3 Unveils More Staff, Visual, Spring 2022 Debut

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Best news ever.
cchigu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Personally, hate this anime, especially its in your face drama. Hopefully, my feelings towards the show would turn around with the third season.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:02 pm Reply with quote
^
"In your face drama"???? What?

Anyway, no other anime announcement could have made me happier. It will now probably be my most-anticipated title for all of 2022.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Anyway, no other anime announcement could have made me happier. It will now probably be my most-anticipated title for all of 2022.

Same here. Light novel and manga fanatic for this series. Wish there was more merchandise available for it though.
Leviathonlx1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I love everything about Bookworm and it's my favorite isekai. So glad J-Novel has it so I can get the weekly pre pubs.
cchigu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
^
"In your face drama"???? What?

I don't remember much, but I do vaguely remember being smothered by the overly dramatic tone of the show during the middle portion of season 2. The stuff with those slave kids and all.

Even apart from this, my distaste for the series also stems from multitudes of other reasons-- the girl MC being overpowered af, the kid called Lutz (had to google his name) being too mature for his age, the family of the girl being oblivious to obvious stuff and supporting her all stupid decisions etc.

Eh, I probably wrote more than what I wanted but whatever, I guess.
myskaros

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:08 am Reply with quote
My opinion is still, why do you feel a need to be openly negative about a series that other people like? Anime is still a niche hobby, despite how much it's grown, so it's kind of discouraging for other fans of the same hobby to express disdain over a series they happen to not like.

If you don't like it, just move on and allow the people who do like it to be excited over more of something they like.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:15 am Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:

the girl MC being overpowered af,

Perhaps she is at the end of the anime. But she worked hard at it, and death is ever still in the cards, even beyond the current anime's end point. Myne is no Ains Ooal Gown.
cchigu wrote:

the kid called Lutz (had to google his name) being too mature for his age,

All the lower city children in the city are too mature for their age, when contrasted with our children. The lower city children under the age of seven leave the city for the woods to get food, other provisions and fire wood. With baptism at the age of seven, they begin their work apprenticeships. As to Lutz specifically, well when you hang around smart and mature people, they kind of rub off on you. Unlike our world, the children of this world can't just laze about with no goal in mind. At the age of seven, you are almost locked into your work profession for life.
cchigu wrote:
the family of the girl being oblivious to obvious stuff and supporting her all stupid decisions etc.

Perhaps they are, but they all expected her to die. As Gunter mentioned, despite how strange she is, he is just happy she is alive. spoiler[Think they mentioned later they attributed her skills as a gift from the gods.] Myne did get in trouble with her parents for some of her decisions. But when your sickly six year old child is working and bringing home the money (to her poor family) I think a lot of things can be let slid.

I probably won't be changing your mind, and if the next season follows the light novels, I doubt you'll change your mind even then.
ab2143

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:07 am Reply with quote
Excited for more! Currently on part 2 volume 1 of the light novels!

cchigu wrote:
Personally, hate this anime, especially its in your face drama. Hopefully, my feelings towards the show would turn around with the third season.

No offence but if you didn’t like the show after 2 seasons then you may aswell not bother with the third lmao. Why continue with something that you dislike?
Touma55

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:21 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
My opinion is still, why do you feel a need to be openly negative about a series that other people like? Anime is still a niche hobby, despite how much it's grown, so it's kind of discouraging for other fans of the same hobby to express disdain over a series they happen to not like.

If you don't like it, just move on and allow the people who do like it to be excited over more of something they like.

I really wish more people would take this advice. It gets kind of annoying sometimes especially when it seems like some people are doing it just to piss people off. Every time a new season of SAO comes out for instance, I see some guy saying something like " I have seen every season and they are all garbage and this one will be too! I can't believe anyone likes this trash! " like really dude... Just stop watching it.
Netero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:35 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or is Ferdinand looking distinctly younger there?
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:35 am Reply with quote
Touma55 wrote:
Every time a new season of SAO comes out for instance, I see some guy saying something like " I have seen every season and they are all garbage and this one will be too! I can't believe anyone likes this trash! " like really dude... Just stop watching it.

Tbf, he is right.

Hopefully we get another 24 eps.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:40 am Reply with quote
Best news could get before bed. Hopefully 24 episode count too.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:08 am Reply with quote
Great. I look forward to more Bookworm goodness. The article might want to add that Sentai released the first 26 episodes and OVA's on BD.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Ascendance-of-a-Bookworm-Blu-ray
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:12 am Reply with quote
AJ (LordNikon) wrote:
Best news could get before bed. Hopefully 24 episode count too.

Unfortunately, the author has confirmed this season will spoiler[finish Part 2 (of which only 2 volumes are left to be adapted,] meaning there’s only enough material for a single cour season, as that is the perfect stopping point. It would be nice though if a season 4 starts not long after to start adapting spoiler[Part 3.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3