• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - The Sparkling Stage of Kageki Shoujo!!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:00 am Reply with quote
On a side note, it's really rare to see an anime with an all-girl cast as leads to be this pretty hetero leaning (I know one person who's so disappointed with that front) especially if you're used to seeing all-girl shows leaning the other way or being vague about it. I guess it's appreciative that Kageki Shojo doesn't beat around the bush on that front. But at the very least the show focuses on the girls' goals and aspirations and not be bogged down with romantic relationship shenanigans.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:08 am Reply with quote
It's such a good show!!

This was one that I had only meant to preview (because my anime backlog is MILES long) but I'll be damned; I just can't stop watching this one!! Shocked

darkchibi07 wrote:
On a side note, it's really rare to see an anime with an all-girl cast as leads to be this pretty hetero leaning

I was honestly so happy about this when most all-girl casts shows act like men don't exist or worse, make them look awful. But this is a shoujo series afterall.
Mami-kouga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I feel as if the flow of the parts I've read in the manga tends to be generally better than the anime admittedly (though the latest episode was super amazing), but even then I really am enjoying this show. It's got a lot of charm in the drama and it's always nice to see stories on more niche subject matters.

Kouka actually reminds me of my secondary school days in a lot of ways (I was in an all girl's Catholic boarding school), though I doubt I'd have been able to handle it much since I generally kept my head down even though I still had a lot of out there habits that made me kind of well known. In that sense I can't help but admire Sarasa sticking to her guns no matter what.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:40 pm Reply with quote
This is the one anime I’m really sad to keep languishing in my backlog, but I haven’t read the other volumes yet, so I don’t wanna spoil myself too much! DX
poltroon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:08 am Reply with quote
This is a show I didn't expect to like from the description, but checked out because it was getting good rankings and reviews. I'm glad I did; it's quite good, unafraid to walk the tightrope of difficult topics, and still joyful to watch.

Thanks for the extensive review; I think it covers the series so far very well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1