• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animate's Ikebukuro Shop Expands to Be 'World's Biggest Anime Shop'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:28 pm Reply with quote
That's really cool.

I've actually gone to that exact store in 2013 (man it's been over 8 years wow...) at the time they focused on Cosplay, but it was still cool.

I even have a fun story involving that. I went on that trip with my friends Rick and Jerry. I remembering seeing that Animate at the time sold a hat that looked like Charlotte from Madoka Magica and I was hoping to buy if I found it. Rick hates the series and is especially scared of Charlotte, but he ended up pointing out the hat to me at the store. Jerry who was aware of my plan to buy the hat distracted Rick while I made the purchase. When we got back from to the Hotel, we pranked Rick by having him close his eyes and putting the hat on him. When he opened his eyes he freaked the hell out! So yeah, I have a fun memory of that store and if I ever go back to Japan I want to see the more awesome version of that store.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it is timed with Japan's re-opening schedule.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Animate hopes that its expanded store connects people who love anime from around the world...

Japan would need to reopen to the world first. And that would require the Japanese Government to admit that Covid, like the flu, is here to stay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1