• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shojo Legends Meet in Revolutionary Girl Utena, Alice Closet Crossover

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triltaison

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Kind've astonished they'd pick Wakaba.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:30 pm Reply with quote
The game is unvoiced right? Otherwise they would have to recast Utena...
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Triltaison wrote:

I feel like Wakaba is just for the standard school uniform since Utena has her unique uniform, Anthy's probably gonna be the red dress, and Juri and Nanami will probably be their duelist outfits
Triltaison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:47 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Triltaison wrote:

I feel like Wakaba is just for the standard school uniform since Utena has her unique uniform, Anthy's probably gonna be the red dress, and Juri and Nanami will probably be their duelist outfits

I suppose that does sound reasonable. My first thought was her Black Rose Duelist outfit, and it just seemed weird to only pick one of a set if there were so many other characters already being included in the promo. No offense to Wakaba. Laughing
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Haha I am quite an Alice Closet addict (even did youtube videos with it before it got an English release) but....people who know me also know I'm not an Utena fan by any means. So this news is 'meh' for me. Not surprised though because Arina stated herself that 'Utena is her favorite anime' (and only God knows why because it's full of things she doesn't like)

But I really hope they bring back the Smile Down the Runway and Rozen Maiden collabs from the past! They brought back Jeanne so I'm really glad I saved up all my gacha diamonds lol.

johnnysasaki wrote:
The game is unvoiced right? Otherwise they would have to recast Utena...

Well, not quite. All the original characters in the game do talk (two of which I wish didn't because they are quite annoying when they whine or shout lol) but you can only dress the voiceless characters in the collab attire.

So...you can dress your doll as Utena if you want but yes, she doesn't talk. I'm just confirming there are audio voices in the game.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Requiem of the Rose King is taking up the mantle now!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:04 pm Reply with quote
The gacha outfits have been released.

If you would like to see pics...well, here they are. Directly off my cellphone lol

Group

Utena Tenjou

Saionji

Miki

Touga

They actually do come with animations. Utena has a glowing ball of light, the others have waterfalls and gates that open and close. Pretty cool tbh. Weirdly, there is no Anthy.

Wakaba is given to you as a log-in bonus each day. Prince Dios is a mini game where you 'search for the sword' on the game's routes and when you find enough swords, you can exchange them for outfit pieces.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1