• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Actor James Caan Passes Away at 82

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Well no can say they massacred my boy he lived a long fulfilling life.

See you again Sonny.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Rollerball was a gem in the rough (and more sophisticated than it seems). I totally recommend it.

Farewell, Mr. Caan. RIP.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Is he the only actor from the godfather to be in an Anime?. I do know that Hollywood legend Orson Welles was in an Anime in the 80s.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Such a talented actor, and it's cool he got one anime credit. May he rest in peace.

MarshalBanana wrote:
Is he the only actor from the godfather to be in an Anime?. I do know that Hollywood legend Orson Welles was in an Anime in the 80s.

Jessica DiCicco had a small part in The Godfather Part III. She's done voices for Demon Slayer, Yashahime, and Unlimited Blade Works.

Orson Welles was in Transformers: The Movie, which... I GUESS could be considered anime, but the film was funded by American producers, even though the actual animation took place in Japan. It's as much "anime" as Jem & the Holograms and G.I. Joe.
Sakurafire_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:37 pm Reply with quote
People forget that he openly admitted to being a Trump supporter, watching only Fox News and nothing else, and was "ultra-conservative" (re: radical right) in his beliefs.

Keep that in mind that, despite his amazing career as an actor, he turned out to be a pretty disappointing person in the end.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit I didn't see a lot of James Caan's work but still,it's sad to see him go. He was pretty good as an actor and I think his legacy will outshine any personal flaws some people may see.
RIP Mr. Caan. I hope you enjoy heaven. Sad
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:18 pm Reply with quote
RIP James Caan.

Thank you for your immense contribution to cinema and acting.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Sakurafire_ wrote:
People forget that he openly admitted to being a Trump supporter, watching only Fox News and nothing else, and was "ultra-conservative" (re: radical right) in his beliefs.

Keep that in mind that, despite his amazing career as an actor, he turned out to be a pretty disappointing person in the end.

Nobody cares about all that. Just let the dude rest.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Sakurafire_ wrote:

Nobody cares about all that. Just let the dude rest.

Agreed; like can you not?

People being on different political sides doesn't mean they deserve death. What an awful post. also not everybody on here thinks conservatives are bad people cough cough
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Sakurafire_ wrote:

More like didn’t know unlike James Woods and Jon Voight. But it is what it was.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Sakurafire_ wrote:

It's tough to swallow something like this, especially when he played Elf's dad Crying or Very sad
Sakurafire_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:23 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
It's tough to swallow something like this, especially when he played Elf's dad Crying or Very sad

It really is. I loved his movies, but seeing folks actively fall for that crap is bad. Doesn't matter who it is.
livin_large

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Sakurafire_ wrote:

What is wrong with you?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:37 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Orson Welles was in Transformers: The Movie, which... I GUESS could be considered anime, but the film was funded by American producers, even though the actual animation took place in Japan. It's as much "anime" as Jem & the Holograms and G.I. Joe.
Oh no, not that. I can't remember the title, I just know he voiced a bird in it.
Sakurafire_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:37 pm Reply with quote
livin_large wrote:
What is wrong with you?

Nothing at all. Just because someone passes away, doesn't mean we can't point out bad things about them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2