• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Scarlet Bond

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaronViolet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:57 pm Reply with quote
That is the problem with most isekai that are not Konosuba. The MC is ridiculously and unjustifiably OP so fights are boring and predictable.
Cryten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Well it is kinda consistent with Rimuru that he is willing to risk the lives and see the deaths of his people when he could easily of taken on risks himself. Or at least that his citizens revere him so much they are willing to embrace their part in war at the mere mention of a problem. He only really gets pissed and kills thousands of humans / demi humans when his close family get hurt / killed.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:36 am Reply with quote
I honestly find it amusing that despite being the main lead Rimuru is the cause of the film's biggest issues. And his personality here is not that far removed from how he actually is

BaronViolet wrote:
That is the problem with most isekai that are not Konosuba. The MC is ridiculously and unjustifiably OP so fights are boring and predictable.

When you think about it Rimuru is actually one of the worst offenders of this in the entire isekai genre especially if you're familiar with the ending of the web novel.
Antipathy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Umm there is no love interest in Slime. Yeah there are girls that throw themselves, but Rimuru, spoiler[ where the series is now for the anime, he can appreciate how they look but he has no sex drive. Later on in the story (Web Novel) he gets powerful enough to fix his lack of sex drive, but in true Rimuru style he [expletive] pays no attention to Ciel and basically forgets he can switch between male and female like Guy does, and is able to have intercourse. ]

If you want to be spoiled read the entire post. Personally I love spoiling books, movies, and video games, but doing that shit now will equal a ban and there might be a few who want more info on this point. Just PM me if you do, I have read all 15 novels that are in English. The anime is only up to book 6.

@BaronViolet Rimuru's power is completely justified. This is an example of telling me you barely paid attention to the show, with out saying it out loud.

@Cryten Rimuru has never asked anyone else to do something that he wouldn't do.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:35 pm Reply with quote
To be honest I've had issues with Rimuru and the entire cast being so OP since the end of season 2 where it felt like there was no real challenge left for them and they just treated all the threats, including the main villain, like jokes.
Riku157

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:22 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
To be honest I've had issues with Rimuru and the entire cast being so OP since the end of season 2 where it felt like there was no real challenge left for them and they just treated all the threats, including the main villain, like jokes.

It wasn't even the end of season 2. It was the last few episodes of the first half of the season where it was really starting to be a problem. They defeated their opponents, revived everyone, and then the supposed threat in the second half wasn't a problem at all.

I can still enjoy watching it, but when the heroes are this powerful it takes away a decent amount of fun since there's no real challenge, like you said.
Xavon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:55 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[My biggest complaint is that the villain doesn't show up for the first third of the movie and then just drops in. Luaca needed some foreshadowing.]
nyaa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Saw it today and even going in blind (never watched the anime or read the books)-it was entertaining but I can't give it more than 6 out of a possible 10 points.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1