• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses You Can Have My Back BL Light Novels

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtomeGay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:05 pm Reply with quote
A BL light novel series? Cool! We don't have a lot of these over here, so this'll be interesting! I love the cover art, too!
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Always great to have more bl novels! The only ones I can think of are Yes, No or Maybe, the Sasamiya novels, and the Seven Seas danmei line. Hopefully we'll get even more after this.
SHD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I've been thinking about buying this for a while, mulling about my interest in the characters, vs the price, the time I (don't) have for it, and my vague misgivings about reincarnation romances. I guess I'll just wait until someone here does a review of it. (I've read Japanese reviews but they weren't helpful.)
musouka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:47 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Huh, I've been thinking about buying this for a while, mulling about my interest in the characters, vs the price, the time I (don't) have for it, and my vague misgivings about reincarnation romances. I guess I'll just wait until someone here does a review of it. (I've read Japanese reviews but they weren't helpful.)

I read some of the webnovel and that version was firmly "sure, it's fine, I guess" like most web novels out there. It's possible that it got some sprucing up when it was published officially, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

(On the other hand, maybe it improves as it goes along!)
Toyokaaaa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Great news! More JP BL novels please!
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:03 am Reply with quote
Valid signed a thirty year old waiting for purchase attempt despite currently suspiciously potential commandeered mail in the Canadian border reported on here years ago.
SHD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:15 am Reply with quote
musouka wrote:
SHD wrote:

I read some of the webnovel and that version was firmly "sure, it's fine, I guess" like most web novels out there. It's possible that it got some sprucing up when it was published officially, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

(On the other hand, maybe it improves as it goes along!)

Oh thanks, that's good to know! I guess I'll just bump it lower on my "to buy" list. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1