• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Abrams ComicArts to Begin Publishing Manga in Fall 2024

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:01 am Reply with quote
Is this for American releases, or for other countries? If the former is the case, I'm curious to see what titles they'll put out.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:36 am Reply with quote
Interesting. I'm definitely interested in seeing what licenses they pick up. Given what they have published in the past, I'm maintaining a high hope for various classics.

FireChick wrote:
Is this for American releases, or for other countries? If the former is the case, I'm curious to see what titles they'll put out.

Abrams is an American company, so yes, American releases.
dragonquiz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I can understand that for a new manga publisher it takes time to get the right contracts in place as well as what kind of manga to release, but why fall 2024 thats like 18 months away.. way to long imo.
I like when new publishers enter the market, as it'll diversity the main players but when it'll take 18 months for them to enter the market people won't really notice unless abrams gets a couple of good licenses to start off with that people will actually want to wait to buy vs not bothering if it'll mean a longer wait time than the standard of ~4-8 months of when its announced to being on shelves (though its a lot longer behind the scenes)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1