• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Switch Online Adds 2003 Fire Emblem Game Boy Advance Title

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allison Addams

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:10 pm Reply with quote
It's been said before plenty of times but I'll say it again. There is no real reason why Nintendo can't just drop all these roms on the system immediately instead of conservatively drip feeding this stuff over months. ffs
seoulman1985

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I agree. Neither am I a fan of monthly membership to play content that can just be sold piecemeal. This is a business model made to pry away the notion of media ownership by the consumers.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Allison Addams wrote:
It's been said before plenty of times but I'll say it again. There is no real reason why Nintendo can't just drop all these roms on the system immediately instead of conservatively drip feeding this stuff over months. ffs

Considering the issues that’s arisen from some of the games being ported to the service that’s a least one reason.

seoulman1985 wrote:
I agree. Neither am I a fan of monthly membership to play content that can just be sold piecemeal. This is a business model made to pry away the notion of media ownership by the consumers.

Well you can either take it piecemeal through a monthly/bimonthly/yearly subscription or purchase these titles outright at janky prices and of course have to buy some of them all again over when Nintendo drops their newest system which doesn’t give you the ability to redownload what you already for free.
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, I for one, am glad a FE game is added on NSO. Haven't played a FE game since Radiant Dawn and I remember playing it casually and was never good at it since I did not know what I was playing and how I was supposed to play it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1