• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fabricant 100 Manga Ends, 3 New Manga to Launch in Shonen Jump

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:17 pm Reply with quote
This series wasn't anything stellar, but I was enjoying it, so this news blows. :/
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Fabricant 100 was actually pretty interesting, but yeah, it didn't really attract enough attention.

I guess next week would be Do Retry's turn?
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:00 am Reply with quote
Started reading it last week, but as I got further in I realized it was bound to get cancelled any day now.

Do Retry is definitely next, it's already most of the way through it's final fight despite only being 17 chapters.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:49 am Reply with quote
It started with innovative ideas, but in the end it lead to another "hidden organization fighting monsters", which we had a ton of times, but with nicer art. The ideas of what is an ideal human or a human at all were interesting and that the doctor-final enemy was a spoiler[mix between Oppenheimer and Von Braun added an extra point.]

Probably Do Retry or Tenmaku Cinema (or both) will be next. Even with the extra space in the magazine with the departure of Black Clover, they need place for three new series. I'd be sorry if it's Tenmaku, but… that's the way WSJ has always been.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:42 am Reply with quote
Yes, Do Retry won't go further than 20 considering the current fight, Tenmaku Cinema will follow soon after.

Fabricant 100 was decent generally but i never once thought Ashibi was interesting as protagonist in the end it felt like an inferior version of Embalming. Beside Cipher Academy and maybe Ichinose Family i can't imagine any of the others mangas which came after Akane-banashi reaching a whole year of publication.
Qqqqqqqqkkkkkkf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:28 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Yes, Do Retry won't go further than 20 considering the current fight, Tenmaku Cinema will follow soon after.

Fabricant 100 was decent generally but i never once thought Ashibi was interesting as protagonist in the end it felt like an inferior version of Embalming. Beside Cipher Academy and maybe Ichinose Family i can't imagine any of the others mangas which came after Akane-banashi reaching a whole year of publication.

Kill blue , nues exorcist and martial master asumi seem to be hits so far so I expect them to last at least a year
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:47 am Reply with quote
The first chapters of Fabricant were really quite good and I was praying that it could succeed. But after the 'organization' was revealed it started settling into typical shounen habits. The weird thing is that it felt like 100 herself started getting sidelined in some recent chapters as if the mangaka forgot the interaction between MC and her was sort of the entire appeal.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Qqqqqqqqkkkkkkf wrote:

Kill blue , nues exorcist and martial master asumi seem to be hits so far so I expect them to last at least a year

M.M. Asumi is handled by a veteran and is really well-executed. Unless something external happens, I don't think it'll have any problems making it to the long run.

Kill Blue was a bit shaky with its similarities to Sakamoto Days. But nowadays somehow manages to find a pretty solid ground.

Nue's Exorcist was definitely one of the candidates for an axe. But despite weaker art and storytelling, it has simple, attractive characters and classic supernatural action which we don't see much nowadays.

I feel bad for Do Retry though. The post-war setting was really interesting, but the characters always felt bland. I guess the focus on super-powered boxing also kinda pulled people out.

The reason for Tenmaku's axe is harder to pin due to how unique it was, but it definitely lost momentum and failed to recover from it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1