• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Unofficial Make-Your-Own Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Site Launched

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurowa-san

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
Why is this any different from yugiohcardmaker.net?
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote
kurowa-san wrote:

It handles unique features on the original Japanese cards such as furigana.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Off I go to create a Pinkie Pie card!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
The only problem with sites like this is that by creating your own card, there will be some people that will always make their cards very strong and have virtually no weakness. Essentially it won't really be about making a card as making the strongest card.

It's not exactly bad, but eventually it won't be as fun as it once was because eventually you hit a limit and once that limit is hit, there may be no point in continuing the game as you have the strongest card and you can't get any stronger.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Such programs have existed for Magic: the Gathering for a long time. Fun stuff.

Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
The only problem with sites like this is that by creating your own card, there will be some people that will always make their cards very strong and have virtually no weakness. Essentially it won't really be about making a card as making the strongest card.

It's not exactly bad, but eventually it won't be as fun as it once was because eventually you hit a limit and once that limit is hit, there may be no point in continuing the game as you have the strongest card and you can't get any stronger.

Well, it is Yu-Gi-Oh, so the game's official creators are just as bad to a certain degree.
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
kurowa-san wrote:
I have to agree for the most part, sites like these are just for the fun of it. In any old case I could always photoshop an image of a card and redesign it (yep, the old days) but site like these just make it so much easier.
And as Egan says, this site does have some different features to it but it is all the same.
It's not like we are using these cards in an official duel. However, I have created a couple of mock themed series that can be made into Decks which I have actually had theoretical duels with. Gives me the feeling of working for Konami at times, and I don't overpower my cards. Laughing
Max465

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

It's harmless fun, It's not like these can be used in official duels. Also, most people won't make broken cards(at least not on purpose), because it would ruin the fun in having a mock duel.
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:17 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, I've always wanted someone to open a site like this--

Oh wait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1