• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Koihime Musō Moe Adventure Game Gets TV Anime, Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote
What is with Moe nowadays? Has it become soo popular in Japan, that's it in almost everything now?
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Moe and game based anime is well-liked by the collector otaku fan in Japan. They are currently buying a lot more than any other Japanese anime fans. Therefore, they get more anime they like because they buy more.

Meanwhile, everyone else gets zippy. (Illegal downloading hurts the Japanese market no less than the R1 market.)
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Notice these types of games are coming out for PS2 and not PS3? Seems a little bit like the DaCapo type of stuff, but interesting.
Nebs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The same Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel also inspired KOEI's game franchise of the same name and KOEI's Dynasty Warriors (Shin Sangoku Musō) spinoffs.

Don't forget IkkiTousen as well! Laughing

A trailer for the original game can be seen here (NSFW):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00JvIzTPUA

& the website for the game (front page OK, but go exploring & you'll wind up in NSFW territory):
http://www.tactics.ne.jp/~baseson/koihime/index.htm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quote
So, being an adult sim in a way, does that mean it's lesbo or is the main character supposed to be male?
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Seems fair: People who buy a lot get more anime they love, so they will buy a lot, and get even more anime they love. Since moe loving otakus buy a lot, you get the point. It's great for me, since I love moe. Bought R2's of Kanon and Air, and PROUD of it.
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote
In other words, more waste of time and money. This moe stuff is killing anime.
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Genderswitch yuri Sangokushi?! I think my brain just exploded.
zetsuie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
Oh yeah I bet you won't be saying that when Miyazaki wins another Oscar for Princess of the Moe.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
What's killing anime is anime "fans" who can't be bothered to spend money on the thing they claim to be a fan of. Fans of moe-type anime ARE paying money in Japan. Why should the Japanese make things that appeal to people who aren't buying?

Personally, this is great for me. As DmonHiro said, I love moe. Although unlike him, I bought the R1's of AIR and am in the process of buying the one's for Kanon, being also a fan of English dubs. (If I possessed perfect fluentcy in Japanese, maybe things would be different.) Regardless, I'm supporting the anime I want in the format I want it, which is considerably more than quite a few "fans" are doing right now.

Whether the illegal downloader and bootleg buyer is Japanese or American or Atlantian, they are hurting the industry. Why are we seeing mostly moe and sequels being announced right now? For the simple reason that moe sells and sequels to already successful shows sell to. Everything else? If there aren't enough people buying it, why should more of it be made?

At this point, anime fans here in the land of R1 DVDs should either stop being so pretentious and embrace these types of shows or just accept the reality that the Japanese aren't making stuff for them to watch and even if they were, there's not enough money in it except for HUGE successes like Hellsing and EVA.

Not every anime is Cowboy Bebop folks. Stop expecting to experience the Rapture with every series that comes out and just try to enjoy the shows for what they are. Try something other than Naruto every now and then. At this point, about the only things doing well are shonen, moe, and ecchi.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quote
zetsuie wrote:
Oh yeah I bet you won't be saying that when Miyazaki wins another Oscar for Princess of the Moe.

Some moe would do mr M a bit of good in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Richard:
Quote:
What's killing anime is anime "fans" who can't be bothered to spend money on the thing they claim to be a fan of.

If I wanted crap writing and animation, I'd watch what's popular in America.

Quote:
Why should the Japanese make things that appeal to people who aren't buying?

Because the people who are buying are a minority?

Quote:
Try something other than Naruto every now and then.

I would, but I'm more likely to get stuck with Nymphet than Genius Party.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quote
It's that individual's choice on what they want to spend their money. They probably also get a personal satisfaction of having that thing in their hand that they've worked so long to pay for and play with, why should it be a problem?
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote
They can choose whatever they want, but it shouldn't impact my ability to get what I want.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
They can choose whatever they want, but it shouldn't impact my ability to get what I want.

By any means necessary?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3