• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One piece

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sj21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Alright, i've seen the cut and for about 10 episodes we got a little blood. Obviously it was edited. I don't know if They really want to edit it or its just not that violent. But I read the manga and its pretty bloody and i just saw the trailer for the uncut box sets on the funimation webpage. It looked 10 times better than the edited version on tv. So i wanted to discuss the uncut episodes.

The manga like i said was pretty good and even though its one oof the quirkiest series i've ever seen i just can't not like it. Because alot of the stuff is really cool. So i don't know if they have the box sets out yet but if you've seen the uncut version what do you think?
*kino_the_traveler*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the first uncut boxset doesn't come out until May.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/4mIoWcoPb364ueuTlb/browse/item/78085/4/0/0
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
are the frist 13ep uncut and dubed with the funimation voices or with the 4kids ones
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
are the frist 13ep uncut and dubed with the funimation voices or with the 4kids ones

Funi of course.

4kids has never done -Uncut-
braves

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:

4kids has never done -Uncut-

Actually they have. They did Yu-gi-oh uncut( with FUNimation doing the distributing,) but they stopped releasing those. Al Kahn gave a reason as to why they did that:

Kahn: "I think it's because we are still releasing them as cut versions, and we don't want to put the cut versions and the uncut versions at the same time. So we try to stagger the uncut episodes after the cut episodes have aired."

Interviewer: "So (that) they aren't competing against each other?"

Kahn: "Yes, that's exactly right."

Anyways, we've had quite a discussion about One Piece in this other thread. animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46679
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1