• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kyo Kara Maoh! DVD 2.7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quote
This point in the series is not as strong, and when I was watching I did start to lose interest. I think this is the point in a series when you really want to start seeing some good animation, and it just...never comes. They storyline itself is not bad, and the stuff with Wolfram is pretty intriguing, but other than that, this portion of the series is kinda meh, much like most of season 2, with its plot so divergent from the source material.
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote
As much as I love this series, I'll admit it... yeah, this set of episodes is definitely not the strongest the series has to offer and can be kind of tedious to get through. Or, a LOT tedious the second time through. I watched the whole series by myself, then saw it again at our anime club. Although I do consider the end of season 2 to be excellent.
Kimyo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:50 am Reply with quote
I've got DVD 2.8 and it's way better than this one was. I'm gonna go nuts waiting for the next disc!
Rika-chama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote
As much as I adore KKM the second season was kinda boring. I am glad though that DVDs are getting released again Very Happy
sunflower

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:12 am Reply with quote
Awwww. I thought the last 8-10 eps of season two were some of the best. The second season certainly meanders, but I really enjoyed the arc at the end and how it brought both of Yuri's families together.
Empathy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:50 am Reply with quote
I agree with sunflower.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm on the 3rd ep of S2 DVD 8 right now.

Are we watching the same series?

No drama?

I've always found the title fun, but part of the addiction is the amazing ability it seems to have of leaving us with a cliffhanger & a wait of 2 or more months to get the resolution.

No, this isn't supposed to compare to the heavier titles out there, but for fantasy anime in the vein of Slayers, it holds its own.
Kimyo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
I'm on the 3rd ep of S2 DVD 8 right now.

Are we watching the same series?

No drama?

I've always found the title fun, but part of the addiction is the amazing ability it seems to have of leaving us with a cliffhanger & a wait of 2 or more months to get the resolution.

No, this isn't supposed to compare to the heavier titles out there, but for fantasy anime in the vein of Slayers, it holds its own.

I totally agree! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1