• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: March comes in like a lion Train Ads to Use Photos of Fans

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partially

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Quite expensive to make each poster unique. Is this series that popular? I enjoy it, but it never appeared to be that popular a series in or out of Japan to warrant an expensive campaign like this.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:07 am Reply with quote
I don't read this series, but I think the idea sounds cool.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:
Is this series that popular?

Looks like volumes are selling around 600k copies or so. That's pretty impressive for a seinen I would say. I think only Saint Young Men sells more as far as seinen manga goes.
partially

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:36 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
partially wrote:
Is this series that popular?

Looks like volumes are selling around 600k copies or so. That's pretty impressive for a seinen I would say. I think only Saint Young Men sells more as far as seinen manga goes.

I stand corrected. Very impressive indeed, I rarely see it discussed around though, at least in any places I venture. Hopefully an English company will pick it up, but I guess its chances are pretty low along with Chihayafuru, both being based on Japanese games. Although its chances are probably slightly better seeing as Shogi is better known in English speaking countries.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping for an anime adaptation myself. I've read what had been scanlated about half a year ago and really enjoyed it. I'm sure with it recently winning the Kodansha General Manga award and it being such a high seller that it'll get an anime adaptation eventually.
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
What is it about? I've seen the volumes every time I visit manga shops, but the covers don't give away much about the content (and you can't open them to read what's inside.)

Widya Santoso
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sontoloyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Yup, I definetely love&enjoy Chika Umino's works ( I love her Hachikuro a lot^-^). I'm a bit optimistic that at least we can get an anime in the future, just like chihayafuru, sakamichi no apollon&uchuu kyodai, especially since this is not only best seller titles, but also won the 2011 Taisho Manga Award&it's such a great seinen series. Hopefully, it'll be animated by a good studio like Madhouse or JC. Staff with the same staffs like Hachikuro. Well, one can always hope right^-^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1