Interest Gundam's Char: My Other Car Is a Toyota
posted on 2012-08-25 03:55 EDT by Egan Loo
Toyota has been teasing a collaboration with Char Aznable, the iconic antagonist of the Mobile Suit Gundam anime franchise, and it unveiled the secret project on Saturday at Japan's Chara-Hobby 2012 event: The MS-186H-CA Auris hatchback in Char's signature matte red.
On the exterior, the special package from Toyota Modellista International has:
- a blade antenna inspired by the head antenna on Char's Zaku II mobile suit
- aero kit (front spoiler with embedded LED lights, side skirts, rear spats)
- rear diffuser and built-in muffler
- hood ducts
- front and rear light-up Zeon emblems
- short suspension springs
- mirror detailing
- 18-inch aluminum wheels with Zeon logos
- blackout paint (inside the headlights, front wheels, front bumper, and fog light bezels)
- brake caliper paint
- original body artwork wrapping (matte color, carbon-style roof, caution labels — many written in German "Achtung")
Inside, the car has custom leather on the steering wheel, shift knob, shifting mechanism cover, and brake lever. The dashboard and steering wheel have interior artwork wrapping to complement the one on the exterior, while the instrument panel and door trim have a custom black scheme. Both the steering wheel and the push-button start switch have Zeon emblems. The aluminum accelerator, brake, and clutch pedals and original floor mats complete the package.
The Gundam.info website is streaming a promotional video.
Update: Video added.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history