Readers Choose Haikyu!! as Shonen Jump's Next 'Poster Manga'
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
Many of the long-running hit manga series in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine ended last year. Ten series including Kochikame, Bleach, and Assassination Classroom all reached their conclusions. Anime and other adaptions for these series have also run their course. Parting with some of their favorite Shonen Jump manga has left fans wondering what the magazine's next big-name series will be.
The Goo Ranking website conducted a poll to ask fans what manga they think will helm the next generation for Shonen Jump. The poll asked what manga "[they] think will be the next 'poster manga' work" and become the face of the magazine.
Goo Ranking conducted the poll from December 20 to January 3, and 3,110 people submitted answers. Here are the top 20 results (Note: only manga without official English titles are listed in Japanese):
- Haikyu!! (839 votes)
- Hunter X Hunter (404 votes)
- My Hero Academia (317 votes)
- The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (230 votes)
- World Trigger (226 votes)
- Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (219 votes)
- Black Clover (133 votes)
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (122 votes)
- Isobe Isobee Monogatari ~Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo~ (83 votes)
- Hinomaru Zumō (81 votes)
- Kimetsu no Yaiba (76 votes)
- Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san (71 votes)
- The Promised Neverland (68 votes)
- Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club (64 votes)
- Samon-kun wa Summoner (43 votes)
- Ole Golazo (37 votes)
- Seishun Heiki Number 1 (31 votes)
- Amalgam of Distortion (29 votes)
- Demon's Plan (27 votes)
The third season of the Haikyu!! anime was the Charapedia website readers' most anticipated anime of fall 2016. If the popularity of adaptations is an indication of a manga's success, Haikyu!! will continue as a Shonen Jump mainstay. The series' 24th compiled book volume shipped in Japan on December 2.
What manga do you think will take over as Shonen Jump's most prominent series? Tell us in the forum!