Manga Readers Pick the Ideal Romantic Couples, Husbands, Wives
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
This will be the last Valentine's Day of the Heisei era and fans are reflecting on what makes for a perfect manga romance and an ideal partner. The BookLive site polled its users to find out which manga couples and characters stole readers' hearts. Some of the answers will probably surprise you.
The Ideal Manga Couple (Top 10)
- Misae Nohara & Hiroshi Nohara (Crayon Shinchan)
- Fune Isono & Namihei Isono (Sazae-san)
- Sazae Fuguta & Masuo Fuguta (Sazae-san)
- Mikuri Moriyama & Hiramasa Tsuzaki (The Full-Time Wife Escapist)
- Bakabon's mother & Bakabon's father (Tensai Bakabon)
- Kyoko Otonashi & Yusaku Godai (Maison Ikkoku)
- Michiko & Densuke Hamasaki (Tsuri Baka Nisshi)
- Bulma & Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
- Kaoru Kamiya & Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Chichi & Goku (Dragon Ball)
Participants in the poll mentioned that even though Shinchan's parents bicker, it feels like they really love each other.
The Ideal Husband
- Shinichi Kudo/Detective Conan (Detective Conan)
- Tsukasa Dōmyōji (Boys Over Flowers)
- Hiroshi Nohara (Crayon Shinchan)
- Shinichi Chiaki (Nodame Cantabile)
- Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Participants thought that Detective Conan would be a useful companion in the event they ever find themselves wrapped up in some kind of "incident" and also thought he'd have an understanding of children. Dōmyōji, on the other hand, was picked both for his finances and his desire to defend his love interest. Hiroshi was picked for his reliability, with one participant stating that he owns a home and another mentioning he goes to work on time and looks after the kids.
The Ideal Wife
- Ran Mōri (Detective Conan)
- Tsukushi Makino (Boys Over Flowers)
- Hinata Hyūga (Naruto)
- Kaori Makimura (City Hunter)
- Miyuki Nanase (Kindaichi Case Files)
Participants quoted Ran's patience as one of her best attributes, given how long she waited on Shinichi. Makino was said to have determination to survive and harnessing her "weed power" (no, not that kind). Readers referenced Hinata's mothering abilities shown toward her son Boruto and her own strength as a ninja.