News 16th Animator Expo Short is Suda51's 'Tsukikage no Tokio'
posted on 2015-03-30 17:40 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge
Japan Animator Expo, the project of weekly anime shorts from Hideaki Anno's Studio Khara and the media company Dwango, announced on Monday that the 16th short will be "Tsukikage no Tokio ~Tokio of the Moon's Shadow~" directed by Takanobu Mizuno at Kamikaze Douga and written by Goichi "Suda51" Suda (Grasshopper Manufacture). Daisuke Sajiki (Possessions) is designing the characters and Norihito Ogawa is composing the music.
The summary reads:
The Earth, the third planet of the solar system, is not only the popular tourist resort chosen as the 100 famous views among the universe but also the danger spot where many brutal invaders are coming. Eight guardians of the solar system fight against the enemy to save the earth, the treasure of the universe. Tokio, the guardian of moon among them, becomes familiar with a blind girl Setsuko, through his favorite ham radio and comes to love her…
The short will debut on Friday.
This season's remaining shorts include:
- "I can Friday by day!" by Kazuya Tsurumaki and Hajime Ueda
- "Ibusekiyoruni" (On a Gloomy Night) by Tadashi Hiramatsu and Sakaki Sazanami
- "Ochibi-san" by Moyoco Anno and Masashi Kawamura
- "Guzou Sen'iki" (Idol Warzone) by Ikuto Yamashita and Kazuhiro Furuhashi
- "Sanbon no Shōgensha" (Three Witnesses) by Satoru Utsunomiya
- "2 of killers of 2" by Kazuto Nakazawa
- "Bikachō Shinshi Kaikoroku" (Memoirs of an Amorous Gentleman) by Moyoco Anno and AЯTRA entertainment
- "Hammerhead" by Ōtarō Maijō and Mahiro Maeda
Anno himself is serving as executive producer of the entire project initiative with Dwango President Nobuo Kawakami, and he also designed the image character mascot "(Tor)-kun." Ghibli co-founder Hayao Miyazaki created the title logo, and fellow Ghibli co-founder Toshio Suzuki colored it. The shorts mostly feature the voice talent of Ranma ½ and Cowboy Bebop co-stars Kouichi Yamadera and Megumi Hayashibara.