News Miyamoto kara Kimi e Live-Action Series Reveals Additional Cast
posted on 2018-03-25 15:00 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
TV Tokyo's official website for the live-action series adaptation of Hideki Arai's Miyamoto kara Kimi e (From Miyamoto to You) manga revealed additional cast members and the ending theme song artist for the series on Tuesday.
The additional cast, including the previously announced lead actor Sōsuke Ikematsu, includes (clockwise from upper left in image above):
- Kenichi Matsuyama as Kazuo Shinbo, Miyamoto's senior at work who has a large influence on him
- Sōsuke Ikematsu as Hiro Miyamoto, the protagonist
- Yuu Aoi as Yasuko Nakano, Shinbo's friend who works at a design company
- Toshiya Sakai as Kōji Shimanuki, the sales department head at Wakamura stationary, a stationary wholesaler
- Kōdai Asaka as Akira Masudo, a salesman for Nichiyon, a rival stationary company
- Kazuya Takahashi as Tatsuya Adachi, an employee in the sales department of Hatada, a stationary store
Other new cast members include Tokio Emoto as Kaoru Tajima, Hidetoshi Hoshida as Mikihiko Oda, Asuka Hanamura as Misako Kōda, Motohiro Niina as Ōshiba, and Kanji Furutachi as Chief Okazaki.
MOROHA will perform the series' ending song "Kakumei" (Revolution).
The series will premiere on TV Tokyo and TV Osaka at night on Friday, April 6 at 12:52 a.m. (effectively Saturday morning). Elephant Kashimashi is performing the theme song "Easy Go.
The manga ran in Kodansha's Morning magazine from 1990 to 1994, and it won the seinen general category of the 38th Shogakukan Awards in 1992. Ohta Publishing released a four-volume "authentic" version of the manga in 2009.
The story follows a newbie salaryman named Miyamoto, who works at a stationary company and pushes forward despite his frustration with his own insignificance.
Shogakukan revealed last month that Arai's 1995-1996 manga Itoshi no Irene will get a live-action film adaptation this fall.
Source: Comic Natalie