News Tensai Bakabon 3rd Live-Action TV Special Reveals More Cast
posted on 2018-04-15 23:15 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The staff of the third television special based on Fujio Akatsuka's classic comedy manga Tensai Bakabon revealed more cast members for the special on Monday.
The new cast members include (left to right in picture above, excluding Toshiyuki Nishida at center and Shinya Ueda at far right):
- Ken Horiuchi as Mei, a friend of Bakabon's father in his college years, who is constantly getting in over his head with iditotic things
- Hideo Ishiguro as Katsugi, another friend who is serious and passionate, but cannot read the room
- Toshiyuki Nishida a, man who is taken with Professor Kamihitoe when he first meets him
Nene Ōtsuka (seen right in picture below) plays Junko, an associate professor at Kuroyuri Girls College.
The special is titled Tensai Bakabon 3: Ai to Seishun no Bakada Daigaku (Love and Youth in Bakada College), and it will air as part of NHK's "Golden Learning Week" campaign, which will take place between April 30 and May 6.
The new special's story will be set at Bakada College, Bakabon's father and mother's alma mater. The special will cover the father and mother's first meeting, and the strange research project the father was working on with his professor.
Toshiyuki Nishida will join the cast as Professor Kamihitoe. Returning cast members include:
- Cream Stew comedy duo member Shinya Ueda as Bakabon's father
- Okazu Club comedy duo member Ocarina (Maki Inao) as Bakabon
- Nao Matsushita as Bakabon's mother
- Hirara Hayasaka as Hajime-chan
- Fumiyo Kohinata as Rerere no Oji-san
- Masanobu Takashima as Omawari-san
Akatsuka launched the Tensai Bakabon manga series in Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine in 1967. The manga inspired four television anime series between 1971 and 2000, as well as a full-length anime film in 2015 titled Tensai Bakavon ~Yomigaeru Flanders no Inu~. A new television anime titled Shinya! Tensai Bakabon will premiere in July.
Source: Comic Natalie
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history