Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch Sequel Is One February 2019 Film
posted on 2018-08-03 08:27 EDT by Egan Loo
A video debuted on two Tokyo screens and online on Friday to announce that the Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch sequel project (English subtitle: Re;surrection) will be one film that will open next February. Director Goro Taniguchi confirmed that many of the key staff members are returning for the movie, and specifically emphasized that the story will be complete in one film, which will serve as a finale. The film will open in 120 theaters including Shinjuku Wald 9.
The staff includes:
- Director: Goro Taniguchi
- Script: Ichiro Okouchi
- Original Character Design: CLAMP
- Character Design: Takahiro Kimura
- Original Knightmare Frame Design Concept: Akira Yasuda
- Knightmare Frame Design: Eiji Nakada
- Mechanical Design/Concept Design: Kenji Teraoka
- Main Animator: Takahiro Kimura, Yuriko Chiba, Eiji Nakada, Seiichi Nakatani
- Art Director: Yoshinori Hishinuma
- Color Key: Akiko Shibata
- Director of Photography: Hiroyuki Chiba
- Editing: Seiji Morita
- Sound Director: Motoi Izawa, Yasuo Uragami
- Music: Kotaro Nakagawa
- Distribution: Showgate
- Production: Sunrise, Code Geass Production Committee
Sunrise announced the Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch sequel project in November 2016.
The first film in the series' compilation recap trilogy, Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch - Kōdō (lit.: The Awakening Path, official English subtitle: Initiation), opened in Japan last October. The second film, Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch - Handō (lit.: The Rebellion Path, official English subtitle: Transgression), opened in Japan in February. The third film, Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch - Ōdō (lit.: The Imperial Path, official English subtitle: Glorification), opened in May.
The original Code Geass television series premiered in 2006, followed by a sequel series in 2008. The series has inspired various manga and original video anime, including the Code Geass: Akito the Exiled spinoff, which premiered in 2012.
Source: Code Geass franchise's website
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history