• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Freezing, Vanguard, Broken Blade Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Im looking forward to Freezing, hopefully its as good as the Unbalance x Unbalance manhwa by the same guy.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
Im looking forward to Freezing, hopefully its as good as the Unbalance x Unbalance manhwa by the same guy.

It's not. It's pretty much only good for the perfect strong girl paired with awkward new guy relationship.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Cool about time there more Broken Blade its been so long
Akukame

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:56 am Reply with quote
I find it incredibly interesting that a Vocaloid song from may of 2009 is being used as the opening to an anime in january 2011.

This is referring to the song playing in the background of the Freezing PV. Which is Color by TokuP, sung by MARiA.

Color by TokuP -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpAjVHneMU8

MARiA gets her name from ARiA, which is also a TokuP song -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ1wysQtErM
Saphiro01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Sooooo looking forward to Freezing but, from this preview it looks like it's only going to loosely follow the epic story from the manga. It does kind of make sense because if they followed the manga / manwha (its kind of a hybrid so both are right) the producers of the anime would have to stop right about the beginning of the current manga arc. (I REALLY don't want another Claymore Crying or Very sad ) It is starting to speed up to a full blown plot instead of a school for special anime characters with romance thrown in. Give this anime a chance despite the ikki Tousen style fighting and panty shots. I will. Now if we can just get enough manga chapters to get even an OVA version of Phantom King or Onihime VS Cool Laughing ...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Only two panty shots for Freezing, and for the most part, the female characters are relatively clothed?

Looks like I'll be checking it out after all.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Only two panty shots for Freezing, and for the most part, the female characters are relatively clothed?

Looks like I'll be checking it out after all.

If its going by the manga then it will have rape, gore, and a tragic story. So beware ~
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote
All things that can be interesting.

As long as it's executed well. But if it's just a bunch of girls fighting for no reason other than to titillate the audience... well, those are the kind of shows I hate (Ikkitousen, Kampfer, Queens Blade, etc).
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
well, those are the kind of shows I hate (Ikkitousen, Kampfer, Queens Blade, etc).

Urghh I didn't want to be reminded of Queens Blade. Such a horrifiic anime -__-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1