• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Level E Science-Fiction Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefnick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Yes!!! All the anime I wanted to watch this season is being simulcast.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Togashi's battle manga series(Yu-Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter) have been pretty solid, so I;m looking forward to seeing how he approached a different genre.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
And, all leaked titles were confirmed.

So looking forward to this one.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forwards to this one. It looks really good; definitely a funny look at the alien trope. I hope that, since the manga is pretty short, they're able to get the whole thing in one series. Excited!
Takuku

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Won't be watching this.

With only 3 (1 maybe) of 10 that i'm watching and given the others are subscription only - Crunchyroll have disappointed me.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Can we please refer to Togashi as the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho over HunterxHunter? I mean, seriously, for 1, the guy didn't put that manga title off for close to 3 years on one break and then after completing about 1 volumes worth of chapters decides he needs another year off and takes one of his most anticipated battles, Nefelpitou vs Powered up Gon, AND FINISHES IT OFF SCREEN!
xScar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
Can we please refer to Togashi as the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho over HunterxHunter? I mean, seriously, for 1, the guy didn't put that manga title off for close to 3 years on one break and then after completing about 1 volumes worth of chapters decides he needs another year off and takes one of his most anticipated battles, Nefelpitou vs Powered up Gon, AND FINISHES IT OFF SCREEN!

He's working on the 28th volume of Hunter x Hunter. YuYu has 19 volumes, making HxH his 'main' work now, especially since it's his newest title as well.

Looking foward to this. YuYu and HxH are at the top of my favorite shonen shows beside One Piece, so I'm hoping Togashi didn't fall flat with this between the two.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm curious about this series so I guess I'll use my new trial subscription to try it out. Very Happy
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Very, very happy now. If someone simulcasts Fractale, that will be all three of my most anticipated shows.

I will probably try out a few of the others as well, like Beelzebub and Gosick.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
YES! I really wanted Wandering Son and Level E on Crunchyroll, but after the news about Gosick I was afraid if they were to be simulcasted, it wouldn't be available in my region. I think this means that all 3 out of 4 shows I really want to watch are on Crunchyroll. I feel like my membership is worth it now Anime smile

It's funny how they refer to Australia as 'the Commonwealth of Australia' in this announcement, when in previous announcements they just used 'Australia' Smile
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I still don't really know what Level E is about exactly but I'm glad I'll have the chance to find out first hand.
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quote
This wasn't on my radar the first time around, but now I'll check it out. It seems interesting enough.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote
ss-hikaru wrote:
It's funny how they refer to Australia as 'the Commonwealth of Australia' in this announcement, when in previous announcements they just used 'Australia' Smile
That's across that board in that announcement ~ Kingdom of Sweden, Republic of South Africa, etc. etc. Even when they list by regions, its not just North and South America, "Central America" gets named explicitly.

That could be the short period when the Level E announcement went "TBD" ~ maybe someone in Japan objected to the informal names for the country, and Crunchyroll had to fix it up before they approved it.
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:45 am Reply with quote
Nice! Togashi went with a pretty different art style with this manga, so I'm wondering how that will translate over when it comes to the anime. Big fan of YYH and HxH, so I'm really looking forward to this one!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:10 am Reply with quote
ss-hikaru wrote:
I think this means that all 3 out of 4

Wow, we have such a divergent connotation of "all." Laughing

Wonder if they'll update the show to go with the tech of the times....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1