• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Galaxy Railways Licensed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:48 pm Reply with quote
According to Anime on DVD, FUNimation announced at Animefest that they have acquired the license for Galaxy Railways, which they will release on late 2005.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Onv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Galaxy Railways licensed...maybe Galaxy Express 999 will be licensed.
jfrog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:21 am Reply with quote
Yes! That's exactly what we need! More crappy spinoffs of classic anime on DVD, but not the originals!

That said, I am hoping it does well. Then maybe someone (I'm looking at you, Viz) will rerelease the movies. Or liscense more Matsumoto series. Preferably the good ones.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes! That's exactly what we need! More crappy spinoffs of classic anime on DVD, but not the originals!

Well, blame it on the animation whores who won't watch anything that's "old"

Quote:
That said, I am hoping it does well. Then maybe someone (I'm looking at you, Viz) will rerelease the movies. Or liscense more Matsumoto series. Preferably the good ones.

The higher-ups at Viz have no interest in re-releasing GE999 or most of their old catalog on DVD. Nor are they interested in excercising their option on the series, if they even have it any more

There was a legit, subbed release of the movies in Korea, unfortunately they're now OOP.

[/quote]
Onv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:23 am Reply with quote
Sword of Whedon wrote:
Well, blame it on the animation whores who won't watch anything that's "old"

I don't think that's the problem, many people like both new and old animation.
Sword of Whedon wrote:
There was a legit, subbed release of the movies in Korea, unfortunately they're now OOP.

A few stores still have it available though.
jfrog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Sword of Whedon wrote:
The higher-ups at Viz have no interest in re-releasing GE999 or most of their old catalog on DVD. Nor are they interested in excercising their option on the series, if they even have it any more

I know. I was hoping that if Galaxy Railways does well, they might change their mind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I know. I was hoping that if Galaxy Railways does well, they might change their mind.

Whoever licenses the TV series already has my money
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1