• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:28 am Reply with quote
Maybe I should have started my post above with run for the hills Psycho is back lol. Ah well I would have agreed with the green star over a simple dot. I like stars, makes you feel special. Like back in kindergarten lol. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa. And it is nice to have nice conversations with members here so hopefully we can have some more. And as for the butting heads part...yea...sorry lol. I can be a poo flinging monkey at times I know it heh. I do remember you so it's nice to see a familiar face is still here and posting.

As for DTM....wow. Gonna be nice (for once lol) and not gonna comment on that/him and simply leave it at the mod(s) must have their work cut out for them. I miss anything else big and exciting in the past few months? Any big additions to ANN or hacks or anything big and explosive?
odiz23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:34 am Reply with quote
Name: call me mike Smile

Sex: Male

Blood Type:

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: 1/2 Danish 1/2 .. Canadian

Religion: a little catholic

Pets: 1 golden retriever, riley Very Happy

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and used to smoke, now only when stressed

Likes: Basketball, movies, reading, working out, hanging out with friends, music, anime, video games, boxing

Dislikes: mooches, people who ask tons of questions during movies,
people who dont follow the golden rule!

Favorite anime: Kenshin (got me started, all time favourite bar none), death note, code geass, full metal alchemist, DRAGON BALL Z, avatar, naruto ( dont hate me Very Happy). bleach( soul society arc ONLY) afro samurai

Favorite Manga: dont read much manga.

Favorite Books: The Giver, The Outsiders, all WOW books(muhaha), i;m sure i'm missing some good ones, been awhile

Favorite game: Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Lunar, Diablo 1 and 2 ,Final Fantasy 7-10, Resident Evil 2 and 3, Starcraft 2, COD's, used to play WOW.

Favorite TV shows: Sons of Anarchy, Spartacus, Sportscenter, entourage, blue mountain state,

Favorite Movies: gladiator, jurassic park(THE FIRST ONE), nightmare before christmas, 300!, scarface..having a hardtime with this one!! i know im missing my FAVS

Favorite Drink: crown royal/coke..delicious

Non-Alcoholic Drink: cool-aid. grape flavored.

Favorite Foods: pizza, NACHOS, stir fry anddddddd ... any kind of pasta really

Favorite Sites: nba.com, facebook.com, cracked.com, dorkly.com
youtube.com, break.com

Favorite Sport (to watch): basketball, ufc, hockey

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball, Boxing

Favorite Music: jay-z, the fray, linkin park, eminem, j.cole, nujabes, cyne, shad, wiz khalifa, dead prez, dallas green, zeds dead, deadmou5, cud go on fer dayzzz

Job: schooool
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:49 am Reply with quote
Hiya everybody! Laughing I'm an oldschool anime/manga/video games fan. I look forward to having tons of fun here on the forums, so here we go!

Name:
Lightning Leo

Sex:
Male

Blood Type:
Lemme check real quick... OUCHIES OH MAN WAIT NO THAT WAS A MISTAKE

Marital Status:
Happily looking forward to meeting Mrs. Right

Bronze. They made simple, effective metal weapons back then. For, y'know, hitting stuff.

Ethnicity:
Earthling. Mostly. Cool

Religion:
Using my x-ray vision I peered intently into Schrodinger's Box, finding the cat not only alive and well but happily playing chess with Cthulu... and winning.

Pets:
One fat little tabby cat named Tabitha. Nicknames include Chubbitha, Tabbilumpkins, Tubbitubs, and every saccharine corruption of the name an affectionate aunt might otherwise gushingly bestow.

Drink/Smoke:
I don't drink often... but when I do, I drink water. Stay thirsty my friends! Cool Annnd, I don't smoke either, though some hot mamas may say I'm "sssmoking hot". LOL NOT RLY KTHXBAI Embarassed

Life and the wondrous blessings that come with it. When I really think about it, I'm overall a pretty lucky guy, and am thankful for the opportunity to be thankful. Smile

Dislikes:
Bigotry, violence, indulgence, pride, gluttony, hatred, greed, obsession, materialism, proselytizing, ignorance, selfishness, torpor, obsequiousness, indecisiveness, judgmental attitudes, injustice, righteousness, immaturity, verisimilitude, treachery, demagoguery, specious sophistry, and all the corruptions flesh is heir to.

Favorite anime:
One Piece

Favorite Manga (Light novels):
Maison Ikkoku

Favorite Books:
The Dialogues of Plato

Favorite game:
Chrono Trigger, or Ocarina of Time

Favorite TV shows/Movies:
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro

Favorite Drink:
Hot Cocoa on a cold day

Favorite Foods:
Pizza! Burritos! And cinnamon rolls, yum! But not all at once, that would be laughably disastrous! Rolling Eyes

Favorite Sites:
AnimeNewsNetwork, IGN, Youtube

Favorite Sport (to watch):
I take the 5th.

Favorite Sport (to play):
I take the 6th and 7th too, and dare I say, the 8th if it pleases the court.

Favorite Music:
Rock and Roll, Folk, Melodic. I really like jamming out to Boston's "Foreplay/Long Time", Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now", and Yasunori Mitsuda's "To Far Away Times"! Classic and timeless.

Job:
Comic artist and programmer

Hobbies:
Art, traveling, piano, reading, and anime/manga/games of course. I generally like to kill time, with a blunt instrument if necessary.

Fun facts about Me:
I'm a twin!
I've traveled around the world!
I'm going to take over the world! Wait, that's not fun is it...??

Favorite Quotes:
"There's only one thing we can do. We must change history! " - Marle, from Chrono Trigger

I'll see you all out there in the forums, laters gators! Very Happy
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:55 am Reply with quote
Am I the only person that stops caring after they read "Sex: Male"? I hope I'm not the only one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Am I the only person that stops caring after they read "Sex: Male"? I hope I'm not the only one.

Yeah, too many of them on the Internet.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote
I read on. I like to assess new posters for their potential willingess/ability to lend me money.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I find myself curious about location and age. It is also interesting to see what they will and won't answer. So many are unwilling to give a name, even though it is so easy to make one up or give only a First name.

I do tend to loose focus on the likes and dislikes, especially the non anime ones.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I've never introduced myself here so I just randomly decided to do so.

Name: An Asian Name

Sex: Male

Blood Type: I have no clue.

Marital Status: Single and probably will be for the rest of my life.

Ethnicity: Chinese

Religion: Agnostic

Drink/Smoke: Not till I'm legal for it, if I did, my parents might put a rice paddle up my....

Dislikes: Myself, and people.

Favorite anime:
Lots.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Several.

Favorite Books:
Dracula, Fahrenheit 451, Messenger, The Giver, Gathering Blue, basically books about dystopian societies.

Favorite game:
A few MMORPGs, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, I really don't play many games.

Favorite TV shows/Movies:
Bones, Fringe, District 9, I don't watch television much.

Favorite Drink: Water...

Non-Alcoholic Drink:
Above.

Favorite Foods: I'm a picky person.

Favorite Sites:
ANN, YouTube, Crunchyroll, TheAnimeNetwork

Favorite Music:
Metal, Posthardcore, Screamo, Emo, Heavy Metal, etc. Some Japanese music.

Job:
Forever Jobless

Hobbies: Skating in my free time, sitting in front of the laptop for hours, philosophizing random crap, listening to music, writing poetry/literature

Favorite Quotes: Too lazy to look for them.
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:57 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Nope, not at all. Usually I'll still glance over the rest of the info to see if I notice anything interesting. Now, if I come across one of the elusive "Sex: Female" posts, I'll study that like it's on the final.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
For myself, it would be useful if eligible female posters would indicate whether they have little to no standards when it comes to casual hook-ups...perhaps this information can be recorded below their locations?
larinon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I know you guys are trying to be funny, but: xkcd.com/322/

I realize this is not exactly what's going on, but we're only a few short steps away from getting to that point.

I'll admit I liked Blood-'s money lending comment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
It was pretty boring until the last part. Some hornies are so hopeless. Laughing
But nah, the last person with a constructive introduction was Harts if I'm not mistaken. The rest were pretty much paste and copy with a few exceptions. Either that or they just touched plain boring subjects like what liquor or whatever they drink.

And there's also the fact that most real women are ugly. Which is why I generally stop reading their introductions unless there's some meaty paragraphs.

Hey, laniron, are you a girl? Wink

Blood- wrote:
For myself, it would be useful if eligible female posters would indicate whether they have little to no standards when it comes to casual hook-ups...perhaps this information can be recorded below their locations?

Why you little sexist.

Last edited by egoist on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
larinon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Lol, no. You'll find me on page 29, or click my www link below the post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
larinon wrote:
I'll admit I liked Blood-'s money lending comment.

Cool! Can I put you down for, say, $500? Wink
larinon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Too late, I already invested most of that money in the Garden of Sinners box. Much of the rest of it was used to import the soundtrack which I'm listening to at this very moment. That leaves about $45. If you drive down here to TX I'd be willing to loan it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 125 of 233