• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Lupin III Project to Air This Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote
It'd be reasonable to assume this is another TV special, I suppose?
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote
It seems so. I'd like confirmation though.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote
Sweet more Lupin is all ways a good thing even its just special
Lupin the Third

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
As I suggested on the Lupinthe3rd.com Forums, maybe the reason the previous TV Special was called "The Last Job" was because it was to be the last TV Special and that this new TV project is a series. If it were a series (although last I heard, it was only a TV Special), that would make it the first since "Part III" finished at the end of 1985.

I'm asking my source for clarification as to what they've heard about the project.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Good news is that more lupin iii in some way but news is probably another project we may never see here in US. Unless distok (?) picks it up.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to more Lupin. Smile
E-Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Supermutant wrote:
Good news is that more lupin iii in some way but news is probably another project we may never see here in US. Unless distok (?) picks it up.

I would love to see Discotek license more Lupin anime along with the other anime they've licensed. Considering how they're one of the fewest companies that have active rights to atleast one Lupin title in America.

This recent news of a new Lupin project sound great, cause I knew that The Last Job wouldn't be the final Lupin anime of any kind. The story for that one wasn't my favorite, but hopefully who ever the writers are for this new one can put some effort to the story.
mix303

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:22 am Reply with quote
Interesting and i'll have to keep my eye on this and also add it to my watch list.
Lupin the Third

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:16 am Reply with quote
Some clarification GET!

-It is definitely a TV Series airing this fall. (Looks like ANN beat me to the punch on that, though).

-The cast and staff are unknown at this time.

-It is probably going to be animated.

-Because the next issue "Official Lupin Magazine" hits in the summer, there's a strong possibility they will report some further details in that.

-On a related note, there is a persistent rumor (as previously reported by JoYi) about a (Japanese) live-action Lupin movie forthcoming, but it remains unsubstantiated/unverified.
sayami

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:25 am Reply with quote
Hohoho, I should watch the first two seasons then~ It'll take some time though Very Happy
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Lupin III is my favorite anime character and this is EXACTLY what the franchise needed!

No offense to the current cast, but this series needs a fresh new cast. A new Lupin, new Zenigata, new Jigen, new Goemon, new Fujiko. Completely new cast. It'll be painful at first to hear new voices for some of them, but their current VAs are not getting any younger. This franchise needs a renewal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:10 pm Reply with quote
E-Master wrote:
Supermutant wrote:

I would love to see Discotek license more Lupin anime along with the other anime they've licensed. Considering how they're one of the fewest companies that have active rights to at least one Lupin title in America.

This recent news of a new Lupin project sound great, cause I knew that The Last Job wouldn't be the final Lupin anime of any kind. The story for that one wasn't my favorite, but hopefully who ever the writers are for this new one can put some effort to the story.

I didn't mean that as bad thing with Discootek. I am glad they licensed lupin and wished they more. I just meant that only company that seems interested in licensing anything lupin sadly is only them. I am big fan and wish there was more.
By the way I am glad it's new TV series. 26 years since last series. Wow. I been watching Lupin III tv episodes that geneon released on dvd. Only stopped right to catch up on other stuff.
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I didn't mean that as bad thing with Discootek. I am glad they licensed lupin and wished they more. I just meant that only company that seems interested in licensing anything lupin sadly is only them. I am big fan and wish there was more.
By the way I am glad it's new TV series. 26 years since last series. Wow. I been watching Lupin III tv episodes that geneon released on dvd. Only stopped right to catch up on other stuff.

That's alright, I am too glad they do have an interest in the franchise as they do with Fist of the North Star. I was surprised that this is going to be an entirely new TV series. Makes me curious what it'll look like, or how different it'll be from the previous three or have some elements borrowed from them like how the TV specials use elements from the second series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1