• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 2: Innocent Sin Gets US PSP Port This Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
utawoutau

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I'm really looking forward to this. And I'm so glad that they made changes to the demon negotiating system (basically its a bit less random, and the game provides more feedback to help you choose the right options).
Sarukah

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for this one and would really love to play it, but I really don't want to play P1 and have no interest in playing P1; (for the people who have played P2) I heard that the two are related, but are they direct enough to warrant me having to play 1 first or can I jump into to P2?
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote
YES! I figured this would come over, so I'm glad it's confirmed. Now, if Atlus can just make a port of "Eternal Punishment"...
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:18 am Reply with quote
Sarukah wrote:
I'm excited for this one and would really love to play it, but I really don't want to play P1 and have no interest in playing P1; (for the people who have played P2) I heard that the two are related, but are they direct enough to warrant me having to play 1 first or can I jump into to P2?

I'm just playing P1 myself, and I haven't played P2, but I do know that there are a number of P1 characters who return in P2 (I don't think as playable characters, though), and the two games are much more connected to each other than to P3 and P4 (and more than P3 is to P4).

So, basically... it's kinda like the Suikoden games, where it's its own story, but knowing the previous one explains a lot.

[BTW, awesome avatar]
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Is it worth buying a PSP to play Persona 2? I also wonder if they will port Eternal Punishment to the PSP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:52 am Reply with quote
I love Persona 3 and 4, but I'm not sure how into P2 I'd be, so Im iffy on buying. But it's great to hear America is finally getting this game.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news. Since we never had it ported. I guess Eternal Punishment will get a release at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1