• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2011 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinamara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Gingin wrote:
As for this thread and anime...............damn there's a lot of anime this season compared to the last. I wish there was a way to keep a list of anime I'm watching...I only expected to like a small number.

Try MAL. This is a convenient website where you can keep track of every anime and its airing schedules.
domino

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Great article, but why is there a Persona 4 fanart used on the top page for this? It makes me feel a little uneasy every time I view the ANN top page.

Isn't using fanart without permission an extremely sensitive subject among Japanese artists (I'm fairly certain that is a Japanese fanart; I know I've seen it before..)? Or was permission granted?

Edit: looks like the fanart disappeared from the site within an hour of this post. :D Either someone is really on top of monitoring this thread or that was an interesting coincidence!

Last edited by domino on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Herp n Derp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quote
eaglesdome810 wrote:
What about GUNDAM: Age? When's that coming out? :/

Sunday @ 5pm local.

---

P4 isn't my cup of tea, but some stuff regarding it:
Quote:
A key animator twitted some really distressing details about the production of the anime:

-Animators aren't getting paid.
-The Animation Directors are bullying the key animators.
-Episode 2 isn't even worth watching, says Jun Arai (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzlHrC08ms). He says that he gave up and told them to remove his name from the credit.
-Episode 3 will be even worse. More and more animators are giving up and leaving the project, he said.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4457.html

At any rate, we should take this with a grain of salt until more information surfaces.

*t/ls are second-hand, so I can't exactly verify the details

The tweets are apparently real and still there (oct 7th) as of a few hours ago.

Last edited by Herp n Derp on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Gingin wrote:

Fun fact. M rating =/= aimed at older players. Anyone whose played stuff like CoD or GOW(space marines) or the other GOW(DmC clone) can tell you that they have materials that warrant a M rating, but they're anything but "mature". Most stuff in mature games are often stuff a 12 year old boy would enjoy the most.

You just described anime right there too. Laughing
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quote
So? I have no problem admitting that I like stuff meant for kids. Pretty much ALL members of this site are watching cartoons.

One of my favourite series happens to be HunterXHunter.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quote
today (or tomorrow depending where you live) future diary is supposed to air and im really looking foreward to it hopfully asread sticks to the original material well. i saw shana three earlier...and wow spoiler[it was pretty good i was already spoiled of you know whos betrayel so im not that surprised about it.]
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Gingin wrote:
So? I have no problem admitting that I like stuff meant for kids. Pretty much ALL members of this site are watching cartoons.

One of my favourite series happens to be HunterXHunter.

HunterXHunter is not a "M-rated" show. Talking about T&A "mature" anime. Laughing

"Most stuff in mature [anime] are often stuff a 12 year old boy would enjoy the most."

Last edited by enurtsol on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Not even bothering with the latest installment of Samurai Girls. Hated the first season, so yeah.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Try reading what I said again...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Gingin wrote:

Yes, and it applies to anime too. Agree? Confused
opn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote
TheSwedishElf wrote:
Not even bothering with the latest installment of Samurai Girls. Hated the first season, so yeah.

actually majikoi has nothing in common with samurai girls and i haven't seen either so i cant say if their similer or not.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Gingin wrote:

I never once said HunterXHunter was a M-rated series.

You'd have to be a special kind of person to give something like HxH an M-rating...
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote
TheSwedishElf wrote:

Majikoi is not even remotely connected to Samurai Girls. Its subtitle is similar, but that's it.

On an unrelated subject, I am curious to see what others say about Ben-To once it circulates more. I wasn't expecting much based on what I'd heard about the concept, but I found it to be the most pleasant surprise of the season so far. Very fun and entertaining in a quirky way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:00 am Reply with quote
Gingin wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Gingin wrote:

I never once said HunterXHunter was a M-rated series.

No, no you didn't, at least explicitly. But I was correlating M-rated games --> M-rated anime. I guess you were simply talking about your favorite anime there. Guess the confusion was when you thought I was referring to "stuff meant for kids" ("So? I have no problem admitting that I like stuff meant for kids.") when I was never talking about that but rather M-rated stuff (not meant for kids) that nevertheless "a 12 year old boy would enjoy the most."
opn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
TheSwedishElf wrote:

Majikoi is not even remotely connected to Samurai Girls. Its subtitle is similar, but that's it.

On an unrelated subject, I am curious to see what others say about Ben-To once it circulates more. I wasn't expecting much based on what I'd heard about the concept, but I found it to be the most pleasant surprise of the season so far. Very fun and entertaining in a quirky way.

im actually waiting to see if cr ends up simulcasting it since its a david production show since they usually get those before i see it and im giving them till thursday at best before i end up seeing it through other sources.
edit: actually...i just remembered but im surprised noones reviewed bakuman 2 since i remember it being one of the highest rated anime during last fall and i was expecting someone to review it or is it cause MB licensed it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 43