• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nikkei: Gundam AGE to Stream in 5 Languages as It Airs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
And the push begins.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Is this the first true simulcast? As in, literally same-time airing?
Splash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quote
yeaahhhhh. It's airing right now but I'm not seeing a thing on the http://www.bandainamcolive.tv/ channel. Am I at the right place? .______.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fitgnat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:22 am Reply with quote
How are we suppose to be watching this? Im on the bandai live site but nothing is there or at least im not seeing anything.
Fitgnat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 am Reply with quote
I apologize in advance because I don't usually rage about things on forums but seriously WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH THIS?! Went to the Bandai live site, waiting patiently for it to start up reading (badly)translated tweets in the sidebar trying to make out any information wether I was even on the correct site, if it was even showing or whatever else would be any sort of help to figuring out what the hell the situation is. I don't know if the article wasn't clear, if i read it wrong or if this was all an elaborate joke BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND OUT ANY DAMN INFORMATION!
yami4ct

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:49 am Reply with quote
I won't know for sure for another 10 or so minutes, but I think this is just one big miss communication. I believe they're live streaming the 1 hour later online everywhere. It says 18:00 on the bandai live website. Well, we'll know pretty soon what the hell is going on.
Fitgnat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:09 am Reply with quote
The preshow or whatever seems to have started but its still only in japanese which is to be expected i guess, any news on if this is going to be subtitled automatically on here, is there a separate site or is this a wait and see sort of thing?

also sorry about the raging in my previous comment that was just a situation of hype turning into confused anger and I probably could have handled that better so yeah sorry about that.
Rakkan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:15 am Reply with quote
The episode is up on Gundam.info's youtube subbed (it's been there since 4:30am est.) I guess they're just waiting for the Gundam.info to post to unlock it.

If you're not in the US you should be able to watch it.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:21 am Reply with quote
Here it is.

Next time, read the article.

Last edited by WeirDiE_InC on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:22 am Reply with quote
It's... posted on Gundam.info, but... It's still locked.
Fitgnat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:28 am Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Here it is.

I and probably everyone else did read the article, and not once was youtube ever mentioned, it said the Gundam.info website not the Gundaminfo youtube channel. I don't think I was the only one confused by this, but now we know where it is although as previously stated, it is still locked.

either way its way too late to be worrying about this and it'll probably be unlocked soon so I for one am going to bed and hoping I can watch it tomorrow... later today... whatever, going to bed lol.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quote
Fitgnat wrote:
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Here it is.

I and probably everyone else did read the article, and not once was youtube ever mentioned, it said the Gundam.info website not the Gundaminfo youtube channel. I don't think I was the only one confused by this, but now we know where it is although as previously stated, it is still locked.

either way its way too late to be worrying about this and it'll probably be unlocked soon so I for one am going to bed and hoping I can watch it tomorrow... later today... whatever, going to bed lol.

Probably not. The title name has been updated to indicate it's in South Asia only... Son of a... Mad
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:39 am Reply with quote
Fitgnat wrote:
I and probably everyone else did read the article, and not once was youtube ever mentioned, it said the Gundam.info website not the Gundaminfo youtube channel.

Because Gundam.info uses Youtube for their videos?

In any case, we shall see how this goes down. I would be a shame for them to bar the west from this for too long.

Unless Bandai Ent already picked it up.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 am Reply with quote
So Bandai's brilliant plan is to take their big new series, release it in 5 languages, and not simply set the english subtitles for major english speaking nations? The only country that would be useful for is Singapore, which has 5 million people and half of those speak chinese.

And people wonder why Gundam fails in America.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 am Reply with quote
'Not available in your country'? Way to go Bandai, not including America, of all countries, in an English-language simulcast.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2